WaterSaver Faucet Co. and Guardian Equipment Inc. are sister companies located in the heart of Chicago. WaterSaver manufactures precision valves and faucets for use in science laboratories. Guardian manufactures industrial safety equipment, including emergency eyewashes, showers and related products.
We are third-generation family-owned businesses that have been in business for over seventy years. Our products are used all over the world and we are worldwide leaders in our industries.
Our goal is total customer satisfaction. We offer our customers superior quality products, the flexibility to deliver customized solutions, responsive service and competitive prices.
Both companies are located in the River North area of Chicago. Together, we operate 160,000 square feet of manufacturing space in two state-of-the-art, LEED-Gold certified facilities. Both facilities are easily accessed from the Kennedy Expressway (I90) and by public transportation.
We are committed to employee engagement, continuously developing our team and promoting from within. We offer a workplace environment that rewards commitment, talent and the drive for excellence.
Due to continuing growth, we have an opening for a part-time Human Resources Assistant. This position will be responsible for providing administrative support to our Human Resources team. Our Human Resources team supports the Companies as one department.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Prepare materials for employee onboarding and orientation.
- Perform administrative tasks related to benefit enrollments, plant postings, personnel filing and general HR-related filing.
- Provide recruiting support.
- Fulfill employee information requests.
- Manage applicant archive.
- Assist Accounting with preparing weekly plant payroll.
- Assign employee lockers and parking tags and maintain all related logs.
- Assist with employee appreciation/holiday functions.
- Field general questions from employees.
- Perform other HR-related duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred (may currently be in school).
- 2 + years of related administrative experience (internship, coop, etc. acceptable).
- Candidates with college coursework in human resources or employee relations preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills are required to interact with and a wide range of employees.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- High level of professionalism and confidence.
- Excellent independent judgement and the ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- M-F; 9:00 am - 2:00 pm (Schedule may be negotiated to accommodate a school schedule.)
- 30 hours/week
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary, depending on educational background, skills and experience level.
- Combined profit-sharing and 401(k) plan with company match.
- Paid vacation, pro-rated based on part time status.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid sick leave.
WaterSaver Faucet Co. and Guardian Equipment Inc. are equal opportunity employers, committed to developing and retaining a diverse work force and providing safe and healthy work environments.