WTI is an internationally recognized, family-owned, design and engineering firm specializing in commercial aquatic venues such as aquatic centers, sport swimming pools, spray pads and waterparks. WTI Designers play a vital role in the creative planning and documentation process. Using design software such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Revit they help translate our Client’s visions into models and documents that detail all aspects of an aquatic project such as pools, waterslides, pathways, back of house support, etc. Consideration for codes, accessibility, constructability, and best practice is needed along with creative team collaboration for continuity of design intent. Designers are also responsible for accuracy and user-friendliness of drawings, a key to successful delivery of a quality project.
Primary Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- With guidance from Project Leadership and the Client on the aquatic program, determine the creative strategy of the project’s design.
- Generate the creation of masterplans, concept level design drawings, schematic level documents, renderings and 3D models for various sized aquatic facilities.
- Collaborate with Creative Studio designers as well as outside consultants and contractors to support projects as needed.
- Receives/reviews/responds to reports, concept sketches, color boards, design drawings, schedules, research materials, scripts/storylines, design briefs, etc.
- Pursue advanced level knowledge of SketchUp, Revit, and other applicable design software through training and self-exploration.
- Develop Revit models from concept level drawings for use in detailed construction documents.
- Assist the team with quality control efforts.
- Collaborate closely with other team members to share workloads.
- Represent WTI in a professional and knowledgeable manner to clients, suppliers, contractors, industry colleagues, etc.
- Adhere to WTI standards and best practices in the creation of drawings.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties assigned or needed.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture or landscape architecture or related field with a minimum of three years of experience in facility planning and design, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Understanding of aquatic design, planning for parks & recreation or other public facilities is preferred.
- Familiar with aquatic facility industry trends, suppliers and equipment is preferred.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Revit, SketchUp or other similar design software is required.
- Works independently on projects, exercising good judgment, decision-making, and when and where to engage others to successfully complete a project.
- Manages multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment with excellent detail orientation and time management skills.
- Interprets and exceeds internal and external client expectations and team needs.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and desire to occasionally travel domestically and internationally.