Water Street Studios Batavia, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Water Street Studios is looking for a full-time Executive Director (ED) passionate about making art accessible to all in the Fox Valley area and beyond. The ED will serve as the chief operating officer responsible for managing the overall strategy and operations of Water Street Studios.
The ED will work closely with, and report directly to, the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Oversee the daily operations of the organization
· Responsible for implementation of Board directed policies
· Ensure compliance with financial, tax, legal, and regulatory requirements (local, state and national laws) related to the operation and management of a nonprofit organization
· Identify staffing and volunteer requirements and develop HR plans for efficient operations
· maintain a strong culture and work climate that attracts, develops, and retains staff and volunteers and drives the organization’s mission
· In conjunction with the Board of Directors, develop and ensure compliance to an annual operating budget
· Monitor and provide financial statements (including but not limited to: P&L, Balance sheet, cash flow) with analysis to the Board of Directors
· Coordinate and execute annual financial audit, filing and reports
· Responsible for ensuring strong internal financial control and bookkeeping best practices
· In conjunction with the board, responsible for setting annual earned and contributed revenue goals with a focus on sustainability and growth
· Accountable for the attainment of revenue goals through programming, obtaining grants, fundraising, and other innovative methods
Marketing and Public Relations
· Responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing and public relations plan in support of organizational goals
· Advocate on behalf of the organization and serve as the chief spokesperson as well as liaison with local media
- Self-motivated individual with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience developing and implementing comprehensive and detailed business plans utilizing staff, volunteers, systems and other resources effectively
- Reflective practitioner with strong analytical skills and ability to evaluate outcomes and refine goals and plans accordingly
· Successful track record working with and reporting to a Board of Directors
- Professional communication style and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Successful candidate will have a strong community and nonprofit network
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to: Microsoft office, QuickBooks online, marketing and social media platforms, CRMs, web development, SEO, etc.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
Job Type: full-time, salaried
Experience: preference for a business and/or non-profit management degree and 3 or more years of senior management experience working in a leadership role. Nonprofit experience is a plus.
· Competitive salary commensurate with experience - starting at $50,000
· Generous PTO program
· Ability to work remotely at times
· Paid training and professional development
· Unique and creative work environment
· Awarded “Best Gallery” in 2019 by West Suburban Living Magazine & Kane County Chronicle
For Consideration please submit cover letter and resume to:
Water Street Studios
160 S Water St BataviaBatavia, IL
EducationView all jobs at Water Street Studios