Water Solutions Company Paramus, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Role: Staff Accountant
Location: Paramus, NJ
Duration: 3 Month contract (Possible right to hire)
Overview: Responsible for assisting in the compilation, review, and analyses of all Accounting (including book close, accounting research, etc.) for functional line items in the PP&E and Regulatory Focus team, as assigned, across all client's units. Provide support for accounting, financial reporting, and/or rate case data analysis, and provide support to other ad hoc requirements. Implement change management initiatives to establish and/or improve the Company’s accounting performance. Assist in partnering with other departments in providing accounting expertise to achieve financial integrity.
- Assist in the accounting, reporting, and rate case support of assigned functional financial line items for all client business units including but not limited to the preparation, analysis and review of income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and various other accounting or rate case statements.
- Establish, evaluate and continually update process, practice, and policy documentation relating to fixed assets and regulatory transactions.
- Assist in the analyses of financial statement results and the preparation of performance actual to actuals variance analysis/explanations on P/L & B/S accounts according to company policy and practices.
- Assists in ensuring the accuracy of financial statements and technical compliance to US GAAP, Internal Controls and company policy.
- Participate in the accounting closing process.
- Perform key account analysis and/or prepares account reconciliations.
- Interact with corporate audits and external auditors on an as-needed basis.
- Recommend and implement improvements to reporting and system needs.
- Perform and analyze special projects on an assigned basis.
Must have experience with analysis of data. Min 2 years experience.
Education/Equivalent: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required. CPA a big plus
Work Experience Needed:
- Minimum of 2 years of public/private experience required.
- Prior to corporate and/or multi-subsidiary experience preferred.
- One to two years prior experience in shared service or multi-company environment a strong preference.
- Prior experience in the utility industry a plus.
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
- Proven track record of process improvements.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including pivot and look-up table functionalities.
- Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good quantitative, analytical, systemic and problem-solving skills.
- Prior knowledge and experience with Power Plan, PeopleSoft, or other ERP software a plus.
- Team player with a strong personal presence.
Water Solutions CompanyWhy Work Here?
We are advancing with the future, grow with us!
Be part of this prestigious company known as the world’s largest supplier of water services situated in Pennsauken Township, NJ. They specialize in developing next-generation water technologies that provide solutions offering all necessary assets to reduce environmental impact.