- The customer service representative operates on three (3) functional levels, call center (entry-1), front office/bad debt (mid-level-2), and back office/billing (max-level-3).
- The customer service representative is responsible for providing professional, effective, and efficient customer service for all internal and external customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company policies and procedures and PSC and PUC Commission requirements.
- The call center performs primary customer contact, is responsible to take a high volume of customer calls, process customer requests to turn on and off the water and make payment plans.
- The front office/bad debt processes monies to the bank assist all walk-in customers, and processes closed accounts and prepare delinquent accounts for off-site collections.
- The back office/billing audits high volumes of readings generated by field personnel and bills that have fallen outside specified billing time frames, processes daily orders, miscellaneous items, and ensures all new services are entered into the billing system.