- Posted: over a month ago
WATER GRILL DENVER IS HERE! Come be a part of the beautiful new concept and help us in Delivering Great Seafood to America!
For over 25 years, the Water Grill has sated the palates of seafood lovers in Southern California. Hailed as "the best seafood in Southern California" by the internationally recognized Zagat Guide, Water Grill consistently offers dazzling fish preparations of superior quality and freshness.
Here's What We'll Bring To The Table:
- Competitive Salary: $85,000-$105,000 based on experience + up to $12k bonus annually upon completion of training
- Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Life insurance, and Pet Healthcare Savings Account
- 401k with a Match
- Education Reimbursement
- Accrued Vacation and Sick Days
- Dining Discount for you and up to 5 guests
Our Chefs are held at a high standard with clear expectations to be the leader of the restaurant, the ambassadors of our product and the executor of our hospitality. As the Executive Chef, you will be partnered with the General Manager and serve as an integral member of our leadership team. You will be the expert on kitchen operations from ordering, to troubleshooting variances, to developing the line cooks, prep cooks, and dishwashers. You will be responsible for maintaining our high quality product, the integrity of our kitchen systems, and the financial well-being of the back of the house.
Once hired, you will be joining a stable company that has a proven track record of developing successful operators over the past 30 plus years. You will be fully trained in financial acumen, quality assurance, daily operations, and leadership. You will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of operations from sophisticated operating systems to managing a product centric menu, to the behind-the-scene process of creating cutting edge restaurant designs and concepts.
Your career path is driven by your own goals and we are prepared to give you all the tools needed to take you to any level of leadership you desire. A successful Chef with us is “standards-driven” and vigilant, showing a high-level of integrity in their work. They always interact with crewmembers and Guests in a professional manner and take a positive approach to resolving issues.
- Complete opening and closing duties as assigned to set up the day for success.
- Creating prep lists for all kitchen crew.
- Support the preparation of all food items for meal period and next service.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Trouble shoot any deficiencies of food items and/or any maintenance needs or safety hazards.
- Develop all kitchen crew for cross training and promotion.
- Lead all roll out programs to the menu, seasonal items, and recipe changes.
- Write/Approve the schedule for Kitchen crew by forecasting business trends, outside elements, performance measures
- Monthly End of Period inventory (all kitchen)
- Interface and communicate with RCP/GM on financial responsibilities and results
- Ensures that all food products meet company recipe specifications for preparation and quality.
- Inspects and approve dishes before they go to guest tables. Examine and assess the quality of ingredients and presentation.
- Interface and communicate with RCP/GM on recipe adherence
- Creates and is responsible for execution of corrective action plans for kitchen.
- Interviews and selects new kitchen crew
- Conducts annual performance reviews on kitchen crew and Sous Chef
- Interacts with Guests - table visits, complaints, special requests
- Leads and is responsible for MIT training (classroom)
- Leads all kitchen crew meeting
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- 4 years kitchen management experience in a high-volume, full service, restaurant (annual sales over $8M)
- High school graduate.
- Culinary training.
- Ability to analyze financial reports.
- Ability to communicate verbal and written English with Guests, management and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of all cooking techniques, which are required to prepare restaurant menu items.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of all menu and special items, their preparation method/time, all ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., 10-20 is typical
- Ability to carry up to 120 feet
- Ability to reach up to 6 feet, 4 is typical
- Ability to work off counter heights of 36 - 42 inches
- Ability to move through 24 inch aisles and spaces as small as 12 inches
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?