Plant Recycling Supervisor
Waste Management Palmer Lake, CO
- Expired: 21 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Supervises day to day activities of employees and processes of MRF operations.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Identifies and oversees execution of procedures to maximize productivity and efficiency of the location.
- Supervises and manages daily schedules of employees and operations.
- Investigates, reviews and controls implementation of company regulations, policies and procedure and monitors for compliance.
- Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and ensures quality control in adherence to policies and procedures. Ensures maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including coaching, training, and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Compiles and interprets data from daily transactions.
- Creates and submits weekly and month end reports to senior management.
- Reconciles P card to end of month report.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of __________ full-time employees including: office managers, sorters, operators, drivers, and laborers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: Four (4) years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Preferred: Weighmaster License, Solid Waste Operators Certificate, CDL.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Recycling and/or trash collection operational and supervisory experience may be required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is a transfer station or MRF/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.
AddressPalmer Lake, CO
ManufacturingView all jobs at Waste Management