We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to become an integral part of our team! You will assist in the research, design and development of mechanical components and systems. Job is located at Los Alamos National Lab. Per Diem may be available.
- Oversee the installation and operation of various mechanical systems
- Repair machine and equipment defects
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Develop and present schematic design proposals
- Identify technologies to improve operational
- Document design narratives & engineering analysis
- HVAC, fire protection, hoisting and rigging experience
- Previous DOE experience (optional)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Knowledge in Conduct of Engineering, Conduct of Maintenance, and Conduct of Operations
- Familiar with ASME, NFPA, NQA-1, etc.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering and 3 years of experience and 1 year nuclear.