Area Sales Manager - Edmonton or Calgary
ABOUT WASTE LOGIC
We have 30+ years of experience in managing waste and recycling services for businesses throughout Canada. WLI has developed strong working relationship with over 150 service providers in the solid waste and recycling industry. Waste Logic assist clients to help create their own plans for sustainability, through levers such as waste diversion, new innovations, or employee culture. Throughout our phased process, we provide clients with expertise, tools, and data driven analytics to improve their sustainability efforts.
At Waste Logic, we are a team that is passionate about the work that we do and the clients we partner with. We consider our employees with their individual skills and talents to be integral to our business, which helps to foster our culture of innovation, accountability, and passion. Our employees have a voice and are directly involved in the success of our company. Waste Logic is an equal opportunity employer.
THE ROLE – AREA SALES MANAGER – Edmonton or Calgary
Waste Logic is in growth mode – We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Area Sales Manager to oversee and lead our sales staff in driving revenue growth within a specific geographic area. As the Area Sales Manager, you will report to the Director of Sales and Sustainability and be responsible for managing and developing a team of sales professionals, providing guidance, training and support to ensure their success in promoting our waste and sustainability consulting services. You can be based in either the Edmonton or Calgary market.
Some of the cool stuff you get to build and execute:
- Lead a team of sales staff, setting clear sales targets and objectives and providing ongoing coaching, training, and performance feedback. Fostering a high-performance culture while promoting individual growth.
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plan to achieve revenue targets and increase market share within the assigned territory.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, including prospecting, lead generation, and networking with additional emphasis on national accounts.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including customer service and finance, to ensure seamless delivery of services and exceed client expectations.
- Stay updated on industry trends, market conditions, and competitor activities to identify potential opportunities and mitigate potential challenges.
- Conduct regular sales meetings and performance reviews with the sales team to track progress, address any issues, and provide support as needed.
- Prepare and submit accurate sales reports, forecasts, and pipelines to the Senior Leadership Team on a regular basis.
- Attend industry conferences, trade shows, and networking events to promote the company's services and expand professional networks.
- Communicate regularly with approved vendors and negotiate new business opportunities while maintaining positive relationships.
- Support and continued development of the sustainability program.
- Respond to sustainability consulting RFP’s and large account quotes.
- Frequent bi-weekly/monthly travel between Edmonton and Calgary, other areas in Canada and the U.S. may be required
EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
· 5+ years’ experience in new business development
· 5+ years’ experience leading and coaching a sales team with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
· Experience with MS Office 365, intermediate experience with Excel and PowerPoint and CRM software
· Energetic and friendly with the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a team environment
· Confident self-starter with a desire to learn and don’t accept the status quo
· Exceptional verbal/written communications and comprehension with attention to detail
· Manage multiple tasks and have exceptional follow up skills both internally and externally
· Comfortable working in an environment that is fast paced and demands robust deliverables
· Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Business, Sustainability or equivalent work experience
· Competitive base salary
· Annual bonus plan
Check out our website at www.wastelogic.com and send us your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Waste Logic IncEdmonton, AB
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.