GIS Specialist IatWaste Industries USA, Inc
Not ready to Apply?
Provide GIS support to operating branches through the utilization of GIS information in conjunction with routing software systems to implement routing changes for smooth, safe and efficient waste collection. The GIS specialist will also provide analytical, spatial, and cartography support for Waste Industries, as well as GPS support.
Responsibilities include business processes & technical functions:
- Determine feasibility of customer scheduling using existing branch statistics.
- Analyze driver routes and make recommendations for changes regarding appropriate days of service.
- Provide logistical and GIS information through reports to the Branch, AP's and Corporate Management.
- Update and maintain GIS data, and software.
- Travel to branch locations and work with local management on routing and productivity and GIS issues.
- Create route maps to branch operations with routing changes.
- Produce maps as needed throughout the company.
- Provide spatial analysis throughout the company.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances, and other orders and to all company policies, procedures, and directives from supervisors.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e. copier, facsimile, personal computer, etc.).
- Knowledge of GIS software systems, database fundamentals, and report writers such as Crystal Report Writer.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university;
- Two to three years related experience and/or training;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience, and/or at least one to two years in the waste industry experience (preferably operations)
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Analytical abilities must be strong.
- Overnight travel to branch locations 75% of the time via air, automobile, etc.
- Work in indoor office environment 70% of the time.
Not ready to Apply?
Share Withhttps://www.jobs.net/jobs/waste-industries/en-us/job/United-States/GIS-Specialist-I/J3W0BY6Y2R6TZK7XC68/GIS Specialist I
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Job Type:Information TechnologyTransportation
- Experience:Not Specified
- Date Posted:9/3/2019