This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the WU-Metabolism Diabetes Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides nursing care, under supervision, for assigned patients according to established standards and practices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in the assessment, monitoring, and termination of prescribed tests, and performs basic nursing care, including simple dressings and IV fluid maintenance.
2. Observes, monitors, and responds appropriately to changes in patient treatments.
3. Reviews patient data and communicates pertinent information to superior in a timely manner, charting entries appropriately.
4. Conducts rounds in the assigned patients receiving treatment to ensure orders are executed and treatment parameters are followed when required.
5. Administers medications as prescribed within state and facility guidelines and performs CPR when required.
6. Participates in development, implementation, and evaluation of patient care plans with other members of the patient care team.
7. Position is for Expanded Access Initiative, and will work at multiple locations.
- Graduate of LPN program.
- Current LPN licensure in the state of Missouri or received within 3 months from date of hire.
- Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- At least 1 year of related medical experience.
- Working knowledge of general nursing theory and practice with ability to recognize and interpret symptoms/conditions and assist in emergency or adverse situations.
The hiring range for this position is $17.58 - $26.39 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: LPN Licensed Practical Nurse - WU-Metabolism - 45221
Job ID: 45221
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time