Senior Data Analyst
- $85,000 to $110,000 Yearly
BENEFITS: Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, ADD, 401K, PTO
HYBRID SCHEDULE OPPORTUNITY
FUNCTION/GENERAL SCOPE: The Senior Data Analyst gathers requirements, develops, and prepares information and analyzes health care quality and financial data from conceptualization through dashboard delivery to our members. The Senior Data Analyst leads data collection, data structuring, querying, and dashboarding.
POSITION SUMMARY: As directed by leadership, this position is responsible for interpreting and providing complex data analysis, specialized reports, dashboards, and ensuring highly reliable and accurate data. This position integrates inferential statistics into their dashboards to provide actionable insights for hospitals. Responsibilities include developing visualizations to communicate and clarify the data, collaborate with members on product logistics, delivers content through Tableau Server & Interworks, and creates educational materials to conduct training on understanding data, analysis, and definition of the measures one-on-one and in groups.
% of Time
Querying & Visualization
- Perform complex data analysis and reporting to support Association staff and members.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders and enhance analysis with additional insights.
- Develop, prepare, and present specialized reports and dashboards for dissemination to Association members with the purpose of advancing the work at the state, hospital, and unit level.
- Analyze data and provide various reports for different scenarios to reflect solutions/recommendations in response to anticipated and unanticipated fluctuations for members.
- Interpret data analysis and develop related communication to provide multiple constituencies an understanding of the analysis.
- Support monthly data collection process, and continuously address and clarify data related inquiries as needed. Perform routine data validation and integrity checks with fully documented processes to ensure highly reliable data accuracy.
- Develop new dashboards and visualizations to help communicate and clarify the data.
- Research new data sources and healthcare trends to continuously develop the Association’s reporting capacity.
- Develop appropriate methodologies for collecting, analyzing, and presenting data.
- Efficiently Query and structure the data to be integrated in Tableau Dashboards
- Make recommendations to alter the structure of Schemas and Tables within Snowflake
- Create educational materials and conduct training on understanding data, analysis, and definition of the measures one-on-one and in groups.
- Work with customers to develop and understand product specifications.
- Provide technical support, including troubleshooting with users.
- Support Association executive leadership with data analysis and logistics.
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement through data analysis and address risks or potential issues that might impact Association members.
- Recommend innovative ideas, processes and/or procedures for enhancements, and modifications to improve existing systems.
- Conduct individual project reviews, as required, to assess overall project quality, efficiency, and compliance with requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The education, experience, and skills necessary to perform adequately in the position.
Bachelor’s degree in related field is required at the time of hire.
Minimum of three years data analysis experience in a professional office setting.
Proficient with database applications (Snowflake, SQL Server, or Redshift, etc).
Intermediate to Advanced Skills in SQL (T-SQL, MySQL, or Postgres, etc.).
Advanced skills in Visualization Applications (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.).
Proficiency with open-source coding languages (Python, R, etc.).
Proficiency with packages or equivalents (pandas, seaborn, SQL Alchemy).
Experience working with APIs.
The educational requirements, experience, and skills preferred, but not necessary, to perform in the position.
Advanced Tableau Desktop experience.
Proficient with Tableau Server administration and permissioning
Experience with Machine Learning packages for basic classification, regression, and modeling (scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or pytorch).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITITES:
- Proficiency with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files, analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data into finished products.
- Ability to work independently, with experience working in a team environment.
- Demonstrates strong conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to navigate a variety of technological and computer-based tools including printers/copiers, internal database and phone/web conferences.
- Demonstrate analytical and conceptual skills, knowledge of healthcare domain and clinical data sets and the ability to balance theory with practical reality.
- Maintains a high degree of professional excellence characterized by sound independent judgment, initiative, and a high standard of ethics.
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to organize and prioritize assignments.
- Strong customer service orientation, with high degree of professionalism
- Ability to navigate a variety of technological and computer-based tools.
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner to colleagues and supervisors.
- Ability to communicate and interact with people from diverse backgrounds in a sensitive and positive manner.
- Ability to deal simultaneously with several issues or problems.
- Ability to appropriately represent WSHA as necessary both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, co-workers, and members.
- Ability to reason logically and make sound decisions and to consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
- Ability to remain poised under all circumstances and to interact effectively with people in a positive manner that engenders confidence and trust.
- Ability to understand laws, mandates, policies and procedures.
- Ability to use mental skills to recall, analyze and organize information and make decisions.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work and maintain a positive attitude during stressful situations.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to deal simultaneously with several challenges and work in an environment with many interruptions.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions delivered verbally or in writing.
- Ability to make prudent and timely decisions, ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events and change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and be punctual.
- Ability to multitask without loss of efficiency or accuracy, including the ability to perform multiple duties from multiple sources.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make decisions.
- Ability to perform under stress and/or in emergencies.
- Ability to perform in situations requiring speed, deadlines, or productivity quotas.
Indicate the physical demands of the position.
Specify the amount the position will be
required to LIFT/CARRY frequently:
Up to 25 lbs.
Specify the amount the position will be
required to PULL/PUSH frequently:
Over 25 lbs.
Indicate the rate in which this
position will be required to:
Finger Dexterity/Fine Manipulation
Basic Life Functions:
Unique Vision Requirement:
Indicate any unique vision requirement of the position. (Examples: able to read and detect color coding, read fine print, etc.)
Indicate the work setting the duties are performed in.
Indicate the level of unique work conditions this position will encounter.
Potential Hazards Exposure
Other Working Conditions:
Occasional irregular work hours and weekends.
Travel to off-site locations for meetings, events or training.
- Desktop computer literacy, basic office equipment including telephone, printer, photocopier, fax, camera, laminating and binding machines, conference room audio/video equipment.
Please Note: The employee must demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation.
Washington State Hospital AssociationSeattle, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.