Are you detail-oriented and customer service focused? Are you great at managing projects? Would you like to work with a group of dynamic, dedicated, passionate people? If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we want to talk to you about a career at the Washington State Hospital Association as an Administrative Assistant.
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years and continues to grow and evolve as the needs of Washington residents and our member hospitals change. We are located in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to bus lines, rail lines, and parking, and we are currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant position is a full-time position responsible for providing a high level of customer service and partnering with the Executive Assistants to provide administrative support services for a variety of administrative tasks, initiatives and events. The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit a high degree of detail-orientation, follow-through on tasks and a strong customer service focus for both internal and external customers. Some travel may be required to support offsite meetings and events in Washington.
Specific duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Assist with projects of moderate scope and complexity or components of larger projects.
· Completes projects as assigned under supervision from Managers or Executive Assistants.
· Maintains a working knowledge of the Association’s practices and procedures, adjusting as practices and procedures change. Follows standard procedures and practices and provides training and assistance to others within scope of own work.
· Proactively trains new staff members on office equipment procedures and coordinates equipment training if less experienced individuals need more training. Suggests/implements improvements within scope of work.
· Accountable for completion of own work assignments on time.
· Effectively works with a variety of individuals as necessary, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others within and outside of the work group.
· Greets and responds to callers in a professional, courteous and helpful manner, and gives clear information or instructions.
· Creates and publishes newsletters using MailChimp or other online tools and conducts analysis on readership.
· Prepares and sends outgoing faxes, mail and courier parcels.
· Prepares routine correspondence which may include letters, memoranda, mail merges, and reports.
· Prints and assembles materials for meetings and conferences; provides copying/distribution support and fulfill print requests for employees.
· Uses basic writing and communication skills to communicate standard information.
· Sets-up and cleans-up meetings to support executive assistants and other staff members.
· Performs clerical work assignments involving the use of judgment and discretion in support of departments or non-executive individuals.
· Creates and runs reports, gathers and/or compiles information, conducts research under guidance of Supervisor or Executive Assistant.
· Completes simple to moderate self-directed projects with little or no supervision.
· Makes changes to and post materials on the WSHA website using WordPress, as directed.
· Updates and helps ensure the accuracy of the organization's membership database.
· Use and maintain standard office equipment such as printers, copiers, fax machines, etc. and capable of trouble shooting issues.
· Uses standard word processing and related computer software packages.
· Clean and stock the employee lunch area, including loading/unloading the dishwasher.
· Restock conference room refrigerators.
· Check supply stock following PAR inventory guidance and submit a list of supplies that need to be ordered to the Receptionist.
· Ensure incoming and outgoing mail distribution is handled in an efficient and timely manner, ensuring mail is distributed to staff mailboxes.
· Fill all printers/copiers with paper each day.
· Performs reception duties at the front desk when needed.
· Reconcile company credit card bank statements for multiple employees under the guidance of a Supervisor or Executive Assistant.
Desired qualifications, skills, and abilities
· High school diploma or equivalent; Associate degree a plus.
· A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a professional office setting, or equivalent education and experience.
· Proven attention to detail and strong focus on timely completion of projects/assignments.
· Work product is general free of errors.
· Strong organizations skills.
· Effective time management skills for handling multiple priorities and strict deadlines.
· Able to remain flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
· High degree of personal initiative and follow-through on work assignments.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (written, verbal) skills required.
· Exceptional Customer service orientation required.
· Ability to identify and solve standard problems and refer more complex problems to appropriate staff.
· Able to effective conduct research and prepare clear reports on findings.
· Able to perform standard business math functions of a transactional nature, including tracking and comparing data.
· Strong knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
· Proven ability to successfully work with diverse groups of individuals.
· Maintains a high degree of professional excellence characterized by sound judgment, initiative, and a high ethical standard.
· Able to handle interruptions effectively and maintain accuracy of work.
· Proven ability to coordinate, organize and prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
· Maintains confidentiality with sensitive information.
· Able to successfully work independently or as a member of a team.
· Proven ability to maintain a positive attitude and willingly engage in constructive dialog with others to self-manage conflict and resolve issues as necessary.
· Comfortable giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner to colleagues and supervisors
· Proficient with computers and software, specifically, Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with MailChimp or SharePoint a plus.
If you have the skills and abilities listed above, feel that you would be a good fit for this position and would like to be part of this exceptional organization, please apply through our career center at the following URL for immediate consideration.
Alternatively, you can apply through our website at www.wsha.org. No calls please. WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.