IT Help Desk Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Information Technology Department
Salary: $61,360 + Washington State Employee Benefits
FLSA: Exempt; Full-time
Note: WSBA Employee's must reside in Washington State, and for this position, work in Seattle, WA - 2-3 days weekly.
The WSBA's mission is to serve the public and the members of the Bar, ensure the integrity of the legal profession, and dedicated to champion justice.
About the Washington State Bar Association
The Washington State Bar Association operates under the delegated authority of the Washington Supreme Court and exercises a governmental function authorized by the Washington Supreme Court to license and regulate the state’s nearly 40,000 legal professionals, including lawyers, limited practice officers, and limited license legal technicians. The WSBA both regulates legal professionals under the authority of the Court and serves its members as a professional association — all without public funding. The WSBA administers the bar admission process, including the bar exam; provides record-keeping and licensing functions; administers the lawyer discipline system. and provides continuing legal education for legal professionals, in addition to numerous other educational and member-service activities.About this Opportunity:
This position is part of a tenured, supportive, collaborative and professional IT Team. Working together to provide Tier 01-02 onsite technical support for the WSBA staff on IT supported computer hardware, software, printers, telephone, or audio/visual equipment. Responsible for new employee set up and training, user account creation and other IT end user support processes. Performs daily monitoring and support tasks as assigned. This position is a member of the Network Operations team and reports directly to the IT Director, with work delegated by a senior network operations staff. You will end your day feeling accomplished, trusted, and valued.Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Monitor, track, and resolve technical support requests:
- Closely monitor, triage, and resolve all Help Desk tickets in a timely manner per established SLAs
- Provide personalized and excellent customer service while resolving technical issues relating to IT supported desktop hardware, operating systems, desktop applications, printing, remote access, telephone, and AV equipment.
- Coordinate with Network Operations Team to provide advanced technical support to the organization
Technical assistance and setup:
- Provides orientation and training for new and current employees on the use of desktop applications, computer, and telecommunications equipment. Responsible for new employee setup and terminated employee account cleanup activities
- Responsible for maintenance of user account information. This also includes tracking and Maintaining file system permissions and group membership. Additionally, this position is responsible for the setup and administration of the phone and voice mail system for all users.
- Responsible for building, testing, tracking, deploying and maintenance of IT supported desktop and laptop computers and peripheral devices, including setup and installation of new computers and telephones, replacement or relocation of existing computers and telephones. The maintenance of desktop and laptop computers includes routine cleaning and visual inspection of equipment for wear / abuse, as well as maintaining updated firmware and system drivers.
- Provides technical support for some events and meetings, support may include setup of computers, projectors, audio/video equipment, and video conferencing.
- Responsible for documenting processes, procedures, guidelines and instructions that relate to technical support processes.
- Responsible for procurement of computer supplies and for procurement of some desktop software and hardware. Maintains inventory of computer supplies, coordinates repair services provided by outside vendors, and documents regular maintenance of IT equipment.
- This information is not all inclusive of the things expected in this role; therefore, there will be other duties as assigned.
- You possess a solid understanding of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems, and Microsoft Office product suite.
- You have a strong attention to detail orientation, excellent customer service skills, good oral and written communication skills are essential, strong problem solving skills, and an ability to manage small projects independently.
- You can effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably, and can seamlessly manage several competing demands.
- You are committed to your own personal and technical development.
- You possess the ability to quickly learn new technologies, and apply them to business solutions and problems.
Preferred: BS in Computer Science or four years’ experience in a similar technical support role.Experience Required:
Up to 2 years of experience in helpdesk operations or direct customer support of technical products or services.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
This position will regularly work onsite at the WSBA office in Seattle, with the ability to work remotely on occasion. This position will primarily work weekdays, however occasional weekend work (Saturday or Sunday) may be required, with advance notice. Regular and reliable attendance is also important. WSBA staff must reside in the State of Washington.
Ability to pick up and move a PC, printer, server or other equipment weighing up to 40 pounds (cart/dolly/equipment available). Ability to kneel, bend, squat, and work on knees under desks where computers may be connected to the network.
- The Washington State Bar Association participates in the State of Washington Retirement (DRS), and Medical (HCA) plans. This includes Washington State pension plan (PERS), and optional deferred compensation plan, towards your Retirement.
- WSBA pays the majority of the premium costs for Medical, with employees paying a lower monthly premium for coverage based on the plan and coverage you select.
- WSBA pays 100% of our Employees premiums for Dental and Vision.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Plan
- Generous Paid Time-off Benefits (Vacation, Personal Days, Holidays, Sick Leave, and Emergency Leave).
- Professional Licensing Fees, paid LinkedIn Learning, and a generous reimbursement policy for other trainings.
- WSBA participates in ORCA Ferry, Train, and Bus Transportation Incentives, based on eligibility.
- Employee only incentives via LifeMart
- WSBA promotes and fosters a strong culture of work/life balance, and a paid Employee Assistance Program.
- You will be working with a team of supportive, collaborative, creative, and dedicated colleagues driven to accomplish our WSBA Mission.
For immediate consideration, candidates must apply online and submit the following required materials: 1) online application, 2) cover letter, and 3) a comprehensive resume.
WSBA employees must have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of November 1, 2021. All new employees are required to present proof of vaccination status at the time of hire, unless they qualify for a medical or religious exemption and are approved for an accommodation.The WSBA is committed to fostering a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Washington State Bar Association.
TechnologyView all jobs at Washington State Bar Association.