Education Programs Lead, New Member Education
- Posted: over a month ago
Education Programs Lead, New Member Education
Starting Salary $64,819+ WA State Employees Benefits
FLSA - Full-Time; Exempt
*Immediate Opening with Remote - Hybrid - In Office work options available*
The WSBA's mission is to serve the public and the members of the Bar, ensure the integrity of the legal profession, and to champion justice.
The Washington State Bar Association (WSBA) operates under the delegated authority of the Washington Supreme Court to license the state’s nearly 40,000 lawyers and other legal professionals. In furtherance of its obligation to protect and serve the public, the WSBA both regulates lawyers and other legal professionals and serves its members as a professional association—all without public funding.
The Education Programs Lead, as an integral part of the Continuing Legal Education team, plays a lead role in planning and designing accredited Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs that strengthen Washington lawyers’ professionalism and competence for practice. The Education Programs Lead works closely with staff and volunteer stakeholders to understand the evolving needs of attorneys in a wide variety of practice settings, and to help shape CLE programing that responds to these needs, aligns with the broader continuum of WSBA’s educational programming, and reflects WSBA’s mission focus areas and strategic goals.
The primary focus of this Lead’s portfolio is New Member Education, Public Service, Legal Lunchbox, Equity and Justice Programming, with additional support provided in other areas of educational programming within the Continuing Legal Education team, including WSBA presents programming.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Educational Programming Design, Development, and Delivery
- Recruit volunteer presenters and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Clarify and validate learning outcomes in consultation with volunteers and manager
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for detail and coordination
- Support administration of Mini CLEs in partnership with Sections
- Other administrative and operational responsibilities including process improvement and volunteer support
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- Experience navigating policies and procedures
- Committed to lifelong learning and continuous improvement
- Detail and task oriented, organized
- Collaborative, an excellent communicator and active listener
- Experience with stakeholder management and project management
- Skilled at outreach and relationship building
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, professionalism, ethics, and justice
- Diplomatic and patient, flexible in approach
- Passionate about adult learning
- Curious, proactive and solutions oriented
This position may work remotely, primarily. However, there will be the need to work in our Seattle offices as deemed necessary. Occasional travel around the State and locally to support multi-day annual conferences may be required for this position. This position may also work hybrid or primarily in office.
Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
JD (or familiarity with legal education) or graduate degree in education
Education design for online and in person delivery, project or event management in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment; financial/ budget accountability; volunteer management
- The Washington State Bar Association participates in the State of Washington Retirement, Medical and Dental plans which includes a choice of several great coverage options for our Employees. WSBA pays the majority of the premium costs, with employees paying a lower monthly premium for coverage based on the plan and coverage you select.
- WSBA pays 100% of our Employees premiums for Dental Coverage (Delta). VSP Vision Plan is included in the Medical Coverage.
- Our plans are administered by the Washington Healthcare Authority (HCA), and Washington Department of Retirement Systems (DRS). This includes an excellent Washington State pension plan, and optional deferred compensation plan, towards your Retirement.
- Generous Paid Time Off Benefits (Vacation, Personal Days, Holidays, Sick Leave, and Emergency Leave).
- Professional Licensing Fees, paid LinkedIn Learning, Continuing Legal Education through WSBA, and a generous reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- ORCA Ferry, Train, and Bus Transportation Incentives, and paid parking for those qualifying.
- Employee only incentives via LifeMart (travel, car rental, automotive, child care, food, groceries, insurance, clothing, electronics, tickets, books, theme parks, financial services, flowers and gifts, etc.)
- If working primarily remote, reimbursement may be approved for office furnishings to work from home.
- WSBA promotes and fosters a strong culture of work/life balance, and a paid Employee Assistance Program
- You will be working with a team of supportive, collaborative, creative, and dedicated colleagues driven to accomplish our WSBA Mission.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work remote, in office, or hybrid. WSBA employees must reside permanently in WA State.
For immediate consideration, candidates must apply online and submit the following required materials: 1) online application, 2) cover letter, and 3) resume.
WSBA employees must have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of November 1, 2021. All new employees are required to present proof of vaccination status at hire, unless they qualify for a medical or religious exemption, and are approved for an accommodation by Human Resources.
The WSBA is committed to fostering a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Washington State Bar Association.
EducationView all jobs at Washington State Bar Association.