Deputy Executive Director
- Expired: July 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
This website is AudioEye enabled and is being optimized for accessibility. To open the AudioEye Toolbar, press shift + =. The toolbar contains the following
The AudioEye Help Desk to report accessibility and usability related issues.
The AudioEye Certification Statement to explain the ongoing web accessibility and usability enhancements for this website.
The Player tool to listen to this site read aloud. The Player is not intended as a substitute for your screen reader.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.Deputy Executive Director
N WSBA, Seattle, WA, US
30+ days ago Requisition ID: 1260
Salary Range: $152,120.00 Annually Onwards
DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR Office of the Executive Director
Salary: $152,120 + WA State Benefits
FLSA: Exempt; Full-time
The WSBA's mission is to serve the public and the members of the Bar; ensure the integrity of the legal profession; and dedicated to champion justice.
About the Washington State Bar Association
The Washington State Bar Association operates under the delegated authority of the Washington Supreme Court and exercises a governmental function authorized by the Washington Supreme Court to license and regulate the state’s nearly 40,000 legal professionals, including lawyers, limited practice officers, and limited license legal technicians. The WSBA both regulates legal professionals under the authority of the Court and serves its members as a professional association — all without public funding. The WSBA administers the bar admission process , including the bar exam; provides record-keeping and licensing functions ; administers the lawyer discipline system . and provides continuing legal education for legal professionals, in addition to numerous other educational and member-service activities.About this position: Operating under the authority of the Executive Director, the Deputy Executive Director oversees WSBA operations, including Information Technology, HR, Facilities, and Finance. This position oversees strategic business initiatives and is responsible for developing, implementing, and enhancing WSBA operational policies, procedures and practices, consistent with best practices, which help advance the WSBA mission and promote a safe and healthy workplace, a positive workplace culture, organizational security, and fiscal accountability. The Deputy Executive Director will have an internal focus and physical presence in the office. The position reports to the organization’s Executive Director and works collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team to assure the effective and efficient operations of the WSBA. The Deputy will develop and maintain a strong, collaborative relationship with the Executive Director to execute operational and strategic plans. This position will support the Executive Director in keeping the Board informed regarding WSBA operations and in providing guidance and counsel to the Board on decisions impacting WSBA. This is an executive-level position within the organization that will require a highly collaborative and effective leader with excellent judgment. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads WSBA’s administrative functions and promotes the efficient and effective coordination and implementation of organizational goals and priorities.
- Oversight for the areas of IT, Finance, HR, and Facilities and working with department leaders to develop, implement, and improve operational policies and procedures including safety and security management.
- Advises and executes on a wide range of complex strategic, policy, administrative, and management issues.
- Leads the development and ongoing evaluation of strategic planning for long-range facilities, operational and capital projects, including budget management and tracking.
- Leads strategic initiatives and oversees cross-functional organization-wide teams, projects, or initiatives in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Work closely with the Executive Director as a member of the Executive Leadership Team in providing operational leadership for the WSBA and providing data, analysis, and support to the Board of Governors.
- Acts as second-in-command in the Executive Director’s absence.
- Foster a workplace committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and a culture of excellence, unity, integrity, and joy.
Preferred: Juris Doctorate Experience Required: Minimum of 8 years progressively responsible experience in management and administration, preferably with at least 3 years at an executive level, and demonstrated business acumen, experience leading change, planning, budgeting, working with Boards, and overseeing complex projects.
Preferred: Law-related experience; experience working with a Board or volunteers in an association environment. Abilities/Skills Required:
Outstanding communication, presentation, interpersonal, and management skills; knowledge of administrative functions and ability to oversee significant financial resources; ability to deal with diverse topics and balance multiple priorities; sound judgment and decision making skills; strong strategic thinking, analytic, planning, and implementation skills; high degree of organization; ability to work in a matrix structure promoting a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Preferred: Experience managing multi-functional organizations with budgets over $20 million. Experience working with boards, committees, and volunteers. Knowledge of basic legal issues and types of practices. Ability to translate technical information into meaningful form for non-technicians.
Regular in-office presence is required with the ability to work remotely on occasion (WSBA employees must reside within the State of Washington). The Deputy Executive Director must have a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and other software applications and programs. This position is expected to have strong working familiarity with general office equipment and online meeting platforms.Reasonable Accommodation: Ability with or without accommodation to work onsite at the WSBA office; Attend and make presentations on or offsite at meetings around the State; Ability to communicate ideas and issues verbally and in writing, work on computer, and use phone/other office equipment. WSBA Benefits Include
- State of Washington Retirement system (PERS) including an optional Deferred Compensation Plan
- Medical benefits through the WA Healthcare Authority, with WSBA paying a majority of the premium cost
- 100% coverage for employee Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Generous Paid Time Off Benefits
- Transportation benefit through the ORCA Passport system
- Allowance to set up a home office
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- You will be working with a team of supportive, collaborative, creative, and dedicated colleagues driven to accomplish our WSBA Mission.
WSBA employees must have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of November 1, 2021. All new employees are required to present proof of vaccination status on their first day of employment, unless they qualify for a medical or religious exemption, and an approved accommodation by The Director of Human Resources.
The WSBA is committed to fostering a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Washington State Bar Association.
ConstructionView all jobs at Washington State Bar Association.