Supporter Relations Manager
Washington Spirit Washington, DC
Supporter Relations Manager
Expired: December 04, 2023 Applications are no longer accepted.
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
The Supporter Relations Manager serves as a member of the Fan Experience team and is committed to supporting the Washington Spirit's strategic goals through supporter group growth, relationship management, and revenue generation. This position reports to the Head of Fan experience in conjunction with the and VP of Marketing, the supporter relations manager will also maintain relations with Spirit supporters for matchday and non-matchday activities, city-wide marketing, ticketing, and supporter recruitment, while also serving as the liaison for all group supporters of the Spirit.
The Supporter Relations Manager will:
- Lead scheduling, relationship, and management of all communication between the Club and Supporters including but not limited to ticketing, matchday presentation, tailgating, safety, security, community initiatives and general feedback.
- Plan and execute initiatives to increase growth of supporters groups, and support over club goals in revenue generation.
- Establish procedures, templates, and resources to provide excellence customer service across the club such as stadium FAQs, information guides, and updating supporter-related information on the club website.
- Lead ideation and collaboration with supporters around in-game atmosphere, including tifo, rigging system, drums, flags & equipment, safe standing section, supporter-specific bars/concessions, integration of fan rituals into matchday presentation, etc.
- Plan and execute any club-related, supporter-specific events (i.e. open practice, Coach/player meet & greet, etc) and coordinate supporters' participation in other club events
- Liaise with away team supporters for visiting supporters as well as Washington Spirit supporters away travel where applicable
- Attend and provide any necessary support to all Supporter events and functions throughout the year
- Manager Supporter Engagement budget, meetings, FAQ's, invoice/expense processing, shipping, and other responsibilities.
- Assist the VP of Community Development and Head of Fan Experience with grassroots marketing efforts
- Performs other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate has:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in sports industry, professional team, or community organizing preferred.
- The successful candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial start-up environment with high standards. They will keep up with a fast pace and are easily able to pivot when something is not working. They embrace change and are excited about innovation.
- This individual must possess solid communication and trust-building skills. They must rapidly establish credibility within the organization as well as with outside partners and be known as a solution-oriented executive. The finalist will be a grounded, collaborative team player who identifies and promotes a 'best practices' approach to relationship management and strategic marketing
- Deep understanding of building and developing fandom and what drives supporters
- Strong listening skills and ability to make rational decisions in high-pressure situations.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to multitask and execute various projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to work all home games during the season, as well as away games that require Supporter coordination.
- Deep understanding of Soccer and Supporter culture.
While the listed qualifications are important, we recognize that unique skills and experiences can bring fresh perspectives to our team. If you're excited about the opportunity to contribute your diverse talents, we encourage you to apply, even if you don't match every requirement listed above.
This role is primarily based at our Falls Church, VA office, with occasional work in Washington, D.C. Our front office team follows a hybrid arrangement, requiring presence in the office 3 days a week.
ABOUT THE WASHINGTON SPIRIT
The Washington Spirit is the professional women's soccer team proudly representing the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Launched in 2012, we are a founding team in the National Women's Soccer League ("NWSL"). Owned by Michele Kang, our vision is to:
1. Become the most preeminent sports organization in the world;
2. Have a high-performance culture of winning on and off the pitch;
3. Train women as women; and
4. Motivate and inspire the next generation of girls and women.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, unlimited vacation time off, as well as flexible work schedules, hybrid work, and opportunities for career development.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Washington SpiritWashington, DC
BusinessView All Washington Spirit Jobs
Get fresh Supporter Relations Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.