The Strength & Conditioning intern will work closely with the First Team’s High-Performance Coach. The selected candidate will assist with all Performance/Sports Science aspects and become an essential part of the department.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Assist with daily work office, administration, and logistics
- Assist with setups of team activation, warm up and gym areas, and administer sports science measurements using GPS, HR Monitors, and athlete wellness reporting.
- Work with existing staff to analyze historical data looking at trends that can impact daily actions.
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of the Sports Performance environment ensuring areas are kept at the highest professional standard.
- Assist with daily nutrition and hydration strategies.
- Assist in managing daily sports science duties and equipment upkeep.
- Other responsibilities assigned by High-Performance Coach.
Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in the Sports Science field (exercise science, Kinesiology, physiology, biomechanics)
- Must be self-motivated, punctual, and proactive.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Previous experience in sports teams highly desirable
- Ability to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings, including holidays, nights and weekends, to include training and matchdays.
- Must be able to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
- The Position is a NON-Paid Internship, and you are responsible for your own housing. Intern must have reliable transportation.
Stipend: $50 Stipend per Pro Home Game Worked.
2019 Season runs from August - October - Please include your dates available in your cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.