CompanyWA River Protection Solutions
Location200E / 2750E
Perform duties of Instrument Control / Electrical Engineer (supporting routine maintenance activities, troubleshooting, project design, etc...) Prepare and review Instrument and Control Engineering design packages (Software Change Requests, Engineering Change Notices, Maintenance and Administrative Procedure changes). Perform process control system modification to include control system hardware and software development and testing. Plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Provide interpretation of consensus codes and standards (e.g., IEEE, ISA, NFPA) requirements to engineering personnel, project staff, and craft personnel. May function as a Group Lead on project or departmental task assignments.
* Comply with WRPS policies and procedures
* Ensure ISMS Principles are incorporated into organization's activities
* Maintain the design baseline for the TF Instrumentation Systems in accordance with WRPS Engineering design processes and procedures;
* Maintain a working knowledge of the TF and 242-A Documented Safety Analysis (DSA), Technical Safety Requirements (TSR), and Environmental Permit requirements as they apply to the TF Instrumentation Systems;
* Make technically defendable, independent, decisions on engineering issues, and represent the WRPS Engineering organization in meetings with other company organizations and/or with the client and other stakeholders;
* Coordinate with WRPS Projects, Construction, Operations, Waste Treatment Plant Interface and Integration organizations to ensure that client and company commitments are met;
* Manage and/or monitor assigned system related Problem Evaluation Requests (PERs);
* Actively participate in the mentoring and development of less senior engineering personnel;
* Manage available resources to support resolution of identified assigned system issues in a timely manner;
* Monitor ongoing operations and activities including safety, quality, cost and schedule performance and coordinate efforts for early identification of issues, to correct problems, and to define areas of potential improvement ;
* Input to/develop and approve assigned system related work packages, operating procedures and ECNs;
* Develop, establish, review and/or approve new or changes to operating or maintenance procedures;
* Review preventive maintenance, surveillances, and establish post maintenance testing requirements;
* Preparation of required Bills of Material and Material Requests;
* Setting challenging work related goals for personal and departmental growth and accomplishment;
* Sustain productive and positive customer relationships;
* Set high standards of performance for self and others;
* Other position related activities as necessary.
Daily interface with all Engineering team members including staff members, vendors, etc. regarding Production Operations work scope and milestone commitment. Daily interface with Operations Management and bargaining unit personnel. Daily interface with Senior Management & appropriate personnel regarding engineering issues for Base Operation Maintenance Engineering schedule commitments. Weekly interface & coordination with WRPS program areas. Some interface with external oversight agencies.
Provide verbal and written reports and formal presentations to immediate Manager, Senior Management, and/or DOE ORP. Conduct routine coordination meetings and management observations/assessments as scheduled.
BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other related engineering degree and 2 years of related experience
Experience in the design/specification/installation of performance based fire and gas systems design and/or continuous emissions monitoring systems and/or toxic gas sensors desirable. Knowledge of EPA-320, ASTM D6348, ISA-TR84.00.07 desirable.
Satisfactory knowledge of technical/professional skills in current developments/trends.
Candidate should exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed to facilitate project milestones and work. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely to both subordinates and upper management. Must be willing to take prompt action to accomplish objectives, to identify/understand issues and opportunities.
Relocation Funding ProvidedYes
U.S. Citizenship RequiredYes
Shift Work RequiredNo
This contractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO It's the Law Poster
Applicants and employees are protected under federal law against discrimination. To view information regarding these rights, please click on these links:
+ EEO is the Law poster
+ EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
+ Pay Transparency Policy Statement