Residential Leasing Manager - Silver Spring, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join a company committed to service excellence. As DC Metro’s premier commercial real estate company, our legacy is one of integrity, fairness and success for our employees, tenants and investors.
Your New Employer
Located in Bethesda, MD, Washington Property Company is an award winning, full-service commercial and residential real estate firm offering diversified expertise in acquisition, land use, design, development, finance, leasing, construction and property management. We believe, through the efforts of our collective team, we can improve lives in our community.
Your New Role
WPC is looking for a Leasing Manager for 2 residential properties in Silver Spring, MD. The position will lead the sales and marketing team to peak performance while developing strategies that increase traffic, maximize closing ratios, and achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy. With a goal of creating an exceptional customer experience, the Leasing Manager responds to web leads, telephone inquiries, conducts site tours and effectively presents, leases, and supports move-ins for prospective residents. The Leasing Manager is a fair and motivational leader that finds joy in developing others while achieving business success.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Participates in the hiring process and leads the sales and marketing associates for assigned properties.
- Facilitates one on one leasing training following the company leasing training curriculum or policies.
- Ensures associates operate in compliance with the operational procedures for the company.
- Clarifies policy and enforces standards of excellence in leasing best practices, maintains respectful, collaborative employee relations and supports team members in conflict resolution.
- Creates the monthly work schedule for the sales and marketing associates to ensure appropriate coverage for peak leasing days.
- Contributes feedback in the annual employee performance review process.
- Implements property marketing, digital, pricing, and reputation management strategies to improve the customer experience, leasing velocity, and increase occupancy to achieve budgeted occupancy and income.
- Responsible for the accuracy of pricing, messaging, and imagery for assigned property websites and Internet Listing Services (ILS’).
- Forecasts occupancy and develops leasing goals needed to achieve monthly budgeted income and occupancy. Establishes, communicates, and monitors individual leasing goals for each sales and marketing associate.
- May perform various job functions typically found in a sales and marketing associate which includes monthly opening and closing of the property tour route and amenity areas, touring prospective residents throughout the property and amenity areas, maintaining accurate prospect records, following up with potential prospects, new lease and renewal lease preparation, interacting with residents, taking service requests, merchandizing vacant apartment homes to appeal to a prospect, creating and attending resident events, and creating prospect or resident communication utilizing available marketing technologies.
- Builds and maintains strategic partnerships with local businesses and employers to improve a property’s visibility or reputation in the market.
- Physically conducts marketing competitor analysis and validates the accuracy of a property’s market survey to determine the true competitors and pricing. Presents pricing strategies for supervisor approval to implement.
- Collaborates with Marketing to formulate specific property marketing or leasing initiatives to ensure alignment with the corporate marketing strategies.
- Reviews leasing and occupancy trends using the property management software and CRM products.
- Understands and adheres to the monthly property marketing budget. May provide input for marketing spend during the annual budget process.
- Assists General Manager and/or Marketing Manager with special projects or assignments
Qualifications & Requirements
- BA/BS Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in property management, with at least two years in a supervisory capacity.
- A track record of proactive, motivational leadership, engaging and developing employees.
- Proficient with leasing technology platforms i.e. MRI, LRO
- Detail and service oriented.
- Able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Analytical and results driven.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and active listening skills.
- Superior persuasive and negotiation skills.
What We Offer You
In addition to a creative and dynamic work environment, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan that includes paid health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, 401k plan, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equal Opportunity and a Safe Workplace
Come as you are. WPC is proud to provide a safe and inclusive workplace where you can thrive. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Washington Property Company
Real EstateView all jobs at Washington Property Company