School-Based Behavioral Interventionist
Washington County Mental Health Services Barre, VT
- Posted: over a month ago
DIVISION: Children, Youth and Family Services
PROGRAM: School Based Behavior Interventionist Services (SBBIS)
POSITION: Behavioral Interventionist
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: SBBI Program Director, SBBI Case Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Provide direct supervision to enrolled child or youth within a school setting. Implement behavioral programming and provide counseling in social, recreational and daily living skills in school and community settings.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide counseling in social and recreational/leisure skills.
- Successfully follow and implement written behavioral programming within educational and community settings.
- Record behavior in an accurate, detailed and timely manner.
- Communicate well with all parties involved with child, both verbally in writing.
- Complete all agency-required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, mental health appointments and school. Staff is responsible to carry adequate insurance coverage.
- Follow all the behavioral and crisis plans for the identified youth.
- To familiarize, implement and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures.
- Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and passive restraint techniques.
- Ability to physically restrain children and youth who are a danger to self or others. Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- To manage the physical safety of client and others. Must possess the capability to complete Handle with Care training to the satisfaction of a Handle With Care instructor
- Follow supervision directives.
- Perform other duties / responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: Experience providing direct instruction and therapeutic services to children with challenging behaviors preferred. Possession of a valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle are required.
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and execute physical restraints.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and opportunities for additional hours, if desired.
- Generous medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance – WCMHS covers 82.5 – 92% of premium costs.
- Matching 403(b) – match begins at 4.25% and increases based on years of service.
- Employee assistance plan.
- Generous sick and vacation accruals. Full- and part-time regular positions receive 12 days’ vacation and 12 days sick time annually - prorated based on standard hours.
- 12.5 paid holidays annually.
- Mileage reimbursement for agency related travel.
- Fun and engaging environment and the ability to give back to the local community.
To apply: Send letter of interest/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org |
WCMHS, HR, PO Box 647, Montpelier, VT 05601 | Fax: 223-6423
Powered by JazzHR
Washington County Mental Health Services
HealthcareView all jobs at Washington County Mental Health Services