Human Resources Specialist
Equitable Growth is hiring an HR Specialist to join our team to help us manage day-to-day HR processes, provide superior internal customer service to our staff, and help set us apart as the best place to work employer. This role is essential to our work culture, will be the super glue that holds everything together, and will be the face of HR at Equitable Growth. This position is currently hybrid, in the office twice per week.
The HR Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day HR operations, services, and exceptional support that meets or exceeds expectations. The focal areas this role impacts include, employee relations, performance management, DEIB support and administration, HRIS, payroll, onboarding, training & development, records management, benefits administration, recruitment, professional development, and other functions as needed.
The HR Specialist works closely with insurance brokerage teams to ensure employees get the most out of their benefits. Handle process-related tasks for all benefit programs such as insurance, FMLA, ADA, FSA, HSA, 401k, and worker's compensation claims. Take the lead on benefits enrollments, terminations, and qualified changes. This position partners with and will work collaboratively with finance, accounting, operations, administration, and payroll teams.
- Manage HR department email communication and provide timely responses to staff questions
- Track all employee relations matters in our database
- Handle a wide range of complex and highly sensitive employment situations
- Able to work under pressure with strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Manage special projects
- Support the development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures
- Maintain employee status changes and in coordination with IT, manage employee directory and organizational charts
- Support employees with efficient problem-solving
- Must be able to interpret instructions across various formats, written, oral, diagram, and calendars - ability to solve practical problems competently
- In coordination with other staff, implement and execute remote culture-building activities and events
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews and make actionable recommendations based on data
- Manage departmental reporting
- Respond to unemployment claims
- Work in partnership with DEIB, committee on staff engagement, and culture-building activities
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
- Support compensation-related activities such as new hire offers, salary increases, promotions, and bonuses to ensure compliance with Equitable Growth's compensation framework
- Manage monthly benefit premium invoicing and reconciliation
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Supports HR Director in the full life-cycle recruitment process by coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes, performing reference checks and telephone screening, scheduling interviews, and other tasks as needed
- Handles tasks related to employee life cycle including onboarding and offboarding
- Conducts or acquires background checks, employment verifications, and employee eligibility (I9) verifications
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs
- Communicate with managers to resolve issues with payroll
- Ensure all timecards are approved by the deadline
- Reconcile payroll records with approved timecards
- Analyze pay scale to ensure compliance with wage and labor laws
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree desired. Associate degree considered with an equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Must have 7+ years of recent experience as an HR Specialist, HR Generalist, or relevant HR role
- 3+ years of recent experience processing preferred
- Utilize the HRIS as the primary tool for HR and corporate communications, action items, and resolutions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, diverse, and inclusive team setting
Technical & HRIS
- Ensure all employee data is accurate
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now or similar HRIS system
- Experienced using SharePoint and Dropbox
- Have superior attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
The successful candidate's salary within this range will be determined by the years of relevant experience and other qualifications they bring to the role.
- Must reside in the Washington D.C. Metro area.
EEO - The Washington Center for Equitable Growth is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We are committed to promoting and maintaining the importance of diversity in our work. We encourage everyone across the spectrums of race, ethnicity, nationality, ability, age, gender identity and expression, educational background, sexual orientation, and religion to apply.
Washington Center for Equitable GrowthWashington, DC
Get fresh Human Resources Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.