Adjunct Instructor of Mathematics-Replacement
Washington & Jefferson College Washington, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Math Department at Washington and Jefferson College invites applications for Adjunct Instructor of Mathematics. This position involves teaching 100-level undergraduate Mathematics courses such as pre-calculus, math for the liberal arts, and elementary statistics for the Spring 2022 (1/26/22 – 5/17/22) semester.
Duties and Responsibilities
Teach one or two lecture sections, 3.5 to 7 total hours per week meeting on campus with students depending on number of lectures.
Instruction responsibilities include:
- Teach course concepts using various modes of instruction.
- Help students to troubleshoot and understand principles of Mathematics.
- Instructor is responsible for materials each week.
- Administer, lecture, and grade exams/assignments.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Offer at least one office hours per week for student consultation - can be done in person or using conferencing software.
- Post all grades in a timely fashion to the College's classroom management system.
- It is essential to regularly check email and reply to emails from students, College staff, and the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Have a strong interest in working with undergraduate students.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff.
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism and student confidentiality as applicable.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Applicants should have earned a Master's Degree in Mathematics or a related field; college level teaching experience preferred.
- Cover letter' please indicate which position you are applying.
- A statement of teaching philosophy.
- Curriculum vitae.
- List of at least three recent professional references with their contact information
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://washjeff.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Washington & Jefferson College
EducationView all jobs at Washington & Jefferson College