Washburn University is hiring!
Plan and coordinate various aspects of KTWU productions, such as scripting; coordinating talent, directing, editing, and other creative decisions. Produces varied styles of content i.e., dramatic, comedic, mystery, news, public affairs, promotions, sales, sports, for distribution to KTWU viewers and constituent groups on various media platforms such as cable, broadcast, mobile, internet streaming, social media, blogs to employ new technologies as they apply to distribution platforms.
• Serves as an assigned producer for specific shows, series and projects.
• Oversees the conceptualization, design and implementation of creative elements; prepares all technical aspects and assembles the content for distribution on various platforms.
• As project leader, directs professional, volunteer, student and day-labor workforce on various production projects to coordinate efforts, maximize talent and produce high-quality products for viewers.
• In a live or taped environment, writes scripts, schedules workers/staff and facilities.
• Produces, directs, shoots, edits and works with on-air talent in-studio or on location to ensure a smooth, professional look to the final product.
• Provides technical and creative assistance to other production and station staff to enhance the capacity of studio, location, field production, new media production, social media and mobile media production techniques.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Radio/TV Broadcast, Journalism, Mass Communications, Public Relations or a related field and two years of “content creation” experience. For the complete job posting and to apply go to http://washburn.peopleadmin.com/postings/2844 For a list of Washburn’s other vacant positions visit www.washburn.edu/jobs
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Washburn University - KTWU