Position is immediately available.
Experienced Tax Preparer/Senior Tax Preparer will organize client data, explain and interpret tax code for individuals and small businesses (including LLCs/S-corp/Corp/Trust filings). Qualified applicant will work daily with clients to provide tax filing services and effective tax planning.
Must have strong accounting and bookkeeping knowledge, be capable of proper research and tax law application for various tax issues. Must be able to discuss/deliver/express detailed information and give planning feedback, listen well and respond appropriately to clients. Verbal and written communication skills a must.
Building long-term relationships with clients of all kinds continues to be the key to our success of over 25 years in the business. A commitment to continually learn and apply professional knowledge a requirement to being successful in this position.
This is not a seasonal or temporary position, however; hours and work load demands will vary. This position requires strong and experienced knowledge of the tax code, with an enjoyable personality and a positive energy that includes a balanced focus on life and career. Tax season will demand more attention than rest of the year, so hours and schedule are always flexible. This is not a remote position, the office is located in Lehi UT. No work is taken home or leaves the office. Applicant must be professional in appearance and communication, responsive, and have a desire to create rewarding relationships with loyal clients. 100% confidentiality is a must.
Our firm has been in business for over 25 years. We have a professional atmosphere, with client loyalty a focus to our interactions. The right applicant will be paid as an employee DOE, with benefits and flexibility. We enjoy each other’s company, have a sense of humor and work hard. Our growth has come from the trust and referrals of clients and we continue to grow each year. We are looking for someone with a long-term vision for themselves and us.
- Daily tax preparation work: 1040, 1065, 1120S, 1120, 990, 1041.
- Qualified applicant will provide added value through IRS/State Audit representations for correspondence, campus, or client location audits, as well as resolution and collections work.
- Applicant will provide accounting work including client review of QBO and other accounting software applications. Spreadsheet work for internal purposes as well as assisting clients with their data.
- Quarterly payroll reporting, year-end payroll reporting, 1099/1096 and W2/W3 filing.
- Depreciation and/or cost segregation knowledge a plus.
- Research, review, and discuss tax issues, solutions and challenges.
- ATX tax prep software. Document management system for internal retention of records etc. QBO as wells as desktop. Excel. Outlook. Adobe. Secure client portal delivery (Fileshare).
- Professional and personal atmosphere with co-workers and clients. Serious commitment to issues at hand with a positive, life-work balance office environment.
- Long-term relationships are a company focus. Sincere interest in client success and commitment to accuracy, professionalism, confidentiality, and clarity for clients.
- Will work independently, and with staff, in analyzing client information provided via client portals/drop-offs/deliveries, as well as meet face-to-face with scheduled appointments.
- Full-Time+ January through May. Full-time/flex-time June-December. Not a seasonal position.
- No remote working. Office is located in Lehi, UT
- Employee status (W-2) with salary/benefits DOE and workload. Beginning compensation package negotiable.
- SIMPLE IRA immediate 3% match. Paid holidays. Paid vacation days and sick days after one year. Health Insurance options (after 90 days) for employee; family coverage available. HSA contributions.
- Experience is most desirable. Current PTIN a plus. Enrolled Agent, or CPA - with tax focus - preferred, but not required
- At least four current filing years of extensive income tax preparation work and/or IRS representation services. 1040, 1065, 1120-S, 1041.
- Verbal and Written communication skills very important.
- Must be able to research/discuss/express detailed information. Listen well, give planning feedback, and respond appropriately to clients. Think quickly, and apply experience and knowledge to provide useful information for decision makers while meeting and discussing evolving issues and concerns. Strong attention to detail with quick analytical skills.
- Must have strong accounting and bookkeeping knowledge and experience.
- Career focused individual, who will add to, and improve, internal controls, systems, and processes to help business be more efficient. Consider solutions and offer ideas for long-term success.
- Excellent time management. Must be organized and efficient in use of space and time to meet specific deadlines and reduce excess stress. Thorough follow-up a must.
- Must be responsible, independent and work well with all types of individuals and business owners.
- Appearance must be clean, healthy, and professional.
- Enjoy the challenge of tax preparation, stay calm in stressful situations, and manage self and clients for positive growth.
Wasatch Tax Firm Inc
Why Work Here?Wasatch Tax Firm Inc is a tax preparation service firm in business for over 25 years. This company has grown by providing committed, personal and professional knowledge to all kinds of small businesses and individual taxpayers. We provide accurate and professional tax preparation and advisory services, accounting and bookkeeping including payroll, IRS and state audit representation. Our main goal and focus is to provide yearly tax preparation along with effective feedback, direction and assistance to help our clients maintain control of their finances and personal goals. We have clients who have been loyal for as many years we have been in business. We are now providing generational tax services as well as assisting in succession and estate planning. We are looking for someone who is interested in working in an environment that is positive and serious about our work as we all work to enjoy life. Flexibility is important for everyone and it is a non-monetary benefit we offer. No work is done outside of the office for the sake of confidentiality of the clients' data.
Great clients who continue to provide growth through referrals and added work. Unlimited opportunities with a growing tax firm.