Service Desk Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Service Desk Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: TS/SCI required
Our great client is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with a vision to become the trusted information technology advisors to our clients while providing superior, cost effective service. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. Our great client is currently a prime contract holder with the NGA, DLA, DIA, USDA, Coast Guard and many more.
The U.S. Department of State (DoS), Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR) mission is to ensure that U.S. diplomacy is informed by the best possible intelligence and analytical insights, and that Intelligence Community (IC) activities are consistent with and supportive of the country's national security and foreign policy objectives. The primary purpose of INR is to manage intelligence information to serve the foreign and domestic needs of the Secretary of State, the President's representatives (ambassadors) and functional and regional DoS bureaus.
The Intelligence and Research Information Support System (INRISS) is the primary information processing system utilized in INR. In addition, it also interfaces with other IC activities and Communities of Interests (COIs). The INRISS system became operational for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) processing in 1987. It is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The system is continuously evolving to meet the requirements of the INR analysts and the IC. Evolvement includes the development of technology needed to improve product quality, modernization of processes, ensuring product reliability and facilitating the rapid dissemination of INR products.
The Service Desk Manager supervises daily Service Desk operations and tasks, supports the continual development of the Service Desk function, and assists with issue troubleshooting and escalation. Duties include staff management and continuous monitoring and improvement on the assigned government contract. Responsible for formulating, enforcing, and enhancing work standards, assigning Contractor schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, recommending, and implementing process improvements, communicating, and interfacing with Government Technical Leads, supervising Contractor personnel and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to assigned personnel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting a customer service-oriented culture within the Program; to include developing a robust onboarding program for new personnel
- Develop and maintain a Program-wide customer service training program; to include training on best practices in customer engagement, incident de-escalation and service request follow-through
- Managing Service Desk personnel in the performance of daily responsibilities; to include management of service requests and management of personnel's workload
- Developing, maintaining, and training personnel on all SOPs used within the Service Desk
- Managing service request workflow to ensure all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are maintained
- Defining and implementing new or improved operating practices to ensure continuous improvement of service request handling; and improvement of SLAs
- Help ensure team members know and execute their respective roles and the roles of the other team members
- Coordinating changes with incident and problem management processes
- Defining and implementing new or improved operating practices;
- Provide resource capacity management to ensure the sufficient personnel are available to meet defined service levels to include 24x7x365 staffing
- Addressing areas where service targets have not been met; or may fail below acceptable quality in the future
- Responding to instances of customer dissatisfaction and making appropriate recommendations for improvement
- Work directly with customers when incident or problem escalation is necessary; as determined by Program and/or Government policies
- Delivering management level reporting on SLAs and other key performance indicators to both Program and/or Government leadership, as required
- Coordinate resolution of production & operations-related problems which may include afterhours, weekend, and/or holiday support; in the event the need arises
- Minimum five (5) years' experience with managing enterprise service desks
- Demonstrated experience managing Service Desk operations and supervising personnel in a 24x7x365 environment similar in size and scope
- Significant experience troubleshooting and resolving similar Service Desk issues
- Working knowledge of SolarWinds or similar software, including the ability to create ad hoc reports, manage work/ticket queues, and workflow automation
- Demonstrated experience developing and utilizing reports to provide metrics reporting in support of Continuous Service Improvement of Service Desk operations and support
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- DoDD 8570 IAT II certification, or equivalent
- Experience troubleshooting and/or handling service requests pertaining to virtualized desktop technology (VDI)
- Degree or related experience: Bachelors + 8 or High School Diploma + 12
- ITIL ITSM experience and/or certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification, or equivalent
- SolarWinds Web Help Desk experience
- HDI certification
- VMWare certifications
BusinessView all jobs at Warriors Recruiting