Lead System Administrator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Technical Operations Manager
Location: Remote (occasional travel to North Chicago IL)
Reports to: Program Manager
We are seeking talented team members to provide overall support to the United States Military Entrance Processing Command (USMEPCOM) in Chicago. USMEPCOM is a Major Command of the United States (U.S.) Department of Defense (DoD), which screens and processes applicants into the U.S. Armed Forces. USMEPCOM is the vital link between recruiting and training armed forces and operates 65 Military Entrance Processing Stations (MEPS) located throughout the U.S.
The Systems Administrator Lead shall be responsible for systems administration, operations maintenance, and associated activities of platforms installed throughout the USMEPCOM enterprise. The Systems Administrator Lead shall ensure the operation of the enterprise meets defined service levels and serves as the contractor's service owner for infrastructure solutions. The Systems Administrator Lead shall be responsible for applying security principles, practices, and procedures using the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to maintain compliance with applicable cyber guidelines.
- Provide expertise in leading system administration teams (remote/onsite)
- Provide expertise in software integration
- Provide expertise in Continuous test/integration/deployment platforms
- Assist customers with installation, configuration, and communications and provide troubleshooting & remediation.
- Lead team's activities with daily stand-ups to manage system/application security posture.
- Provide off-hours support for operational users and pre-scheduled maintenance windows
- Perform incident response troubleshooting and participate in the incident response team when required.
- Perform daily system checks, review, and respond to events reflected in various management tools, and perform server patch management, especially for cyber compliance.
- Notify Government representatives of issues involving the performance of the operating environment.
- Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health.
- Logging requests and results for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using service tracking software
- Lead the team and work with application sponsors to resolve issues that arise in the daily administration of cloud and on-premise environments
- Proactively monitor infrastructure for potential issues or impacts on USMEPCOM operational users
The Systems Administrator Lead has the following qualifications:
- A minimum of six years of experience managing enterprise IT teams in geographically dispersed locations supporting operations and maintenance of servers (e.g., physical and virtual), operating systems (e.g., Windows and RedHat), databases (e.g., PostgresQL, Oracle, and MSQL), collaboration tools (e.g., SharePoint, Slack, Jabber, MS Teams), VMWare, ESXi, software applications, scripting, storage solutions, (e.g. NAS, TSM, SAN, and cloud) and computer security in an enterprise.
- A minimum of five years of experience with AWS cloud-based solutions.
- Possess Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Certifications
- Upgrading from RHEL 7 to RHEL 8, preferred.
- Possess AWS Practitioner or higher cloud certification
- Possess certifications as required in DoD 8570 Baseline IAT-II level qualifications as identified at the https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/ website.
TechnologyView all jobs at Warriors Recruiting