- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Inventory Analyst
Location: FULL REMOTE - Ideally commutable to Alexandria, VA
Our great client is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with a vision to become the trusted information technology advisors to our clients while providing superior, cost effective service. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. New River is currently a prime contract holder with the NGA, DLA, DIA, USDA, Coast Guard and many more.
DLA – Defense Logistics Agency is a combat support agency in the United States Department of Defense, with more than 26,000 civilian and military personnel throughout the world. Located in 48 states and 28 countries, DLA provides supplies to the military services and supports their acquisition of weapons, fuel, repair parts, and other materials.
- Responsible for monitoring DLA Energy inventory accounts on a regular basis, investigating discrepancies, determining the proper resolution, and reporting various issues to leadership.
- They monitor inventory records and inventory related action(s) at assigned locations.
- Provide timely and accurate reviews/processing of assigned inventory accounts, transaction details with verification from between Fuels Manager Defense to the Enterprise Business System (EBS.)
- They investigate and resolve applicable Intermediate Document (Idoc) transaction failures, review applicable reports and metrics, review blocked invoice reports (BIRs) daily and track subsequent payments from fuel deliveries (receipts) into capitalized Defense Fuel Support Points (DFSPs)/Plants to resolve processing and payment errors.
- They are responsible for working with Finance, Inventory Management, Order Management, Technical/Quality and Procurement organizations and other process areas to resolve product quality, transportation, and supply discrepancies.
- They work with other members of the EBS organization to investigate requests and ensure timely handling of customer credit, debits or material replacement.
- Other responsibilities may include strengthening EBS user documentation and refining DLA's business processes.
- EBS IR Analysts are expected to interact daily with DLA Resolution Specialists and occasionally with the DLA Inventory Manager.
- EBS IR Analysts must be skilled in Microsoft Office applications, have high attention to detail, and possess a strong work ethic.
- The EBS IR Analyst reports to the Inventory Reconciliation Team Lead and Site Manager.
2+ years of experience
- Run Business Objects Reports or SAP queries regularly to monitor DLA Energy inventory accounts
- Investigate inventory discrepancies in SAP, Fuels Manager Defense (FMD), Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) and other relevant systems Record investigative notes in custom web tool
- Communicate resolution to DLA Energy employees and follow-up until the issue has been resolved
- Provide metrics to DLA Energy on recurring basis - Respond to end user requests for assistance
- Update user documentation and provide knowledge sharing with DLA Energy employees
- Determine systemic causes of transactional failures and work to address
Skills/Technical Expertise: Required
Competent with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
Prior experience with Federal government implementations
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Field Inventory Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.