Federal Acquisition Management Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Federal Acquisition Management Specialist
Location: Hybrid Onsite/Remote, Rosslyn-VA/DC
Clearance: Secret required, interim may be possible
Our client is a Woman-Owned Small Business, specializing in several core markets within the Federal Government. Our professional services depth includes communications, acquisitions management, process improvement, program management and evaluation, and IT solutions. Our client is a leading management consulting firm, in part because of our ability to attract the highest quality team members through our emphasis on culture, competitive compensation, and benefits packages. Since 2002, our client has consistently received top performance ratings from customers and teaming partners and industry awards, including Inc. 5000 Magazine's list of the Fastest Growing Companies in America, the
Department of Labor HireVets Platinum Medallion award, and the Washington Business Journal, Inc. 5000, and Baltimore Sun's Best Places to Work awards.
Seeking a full-time federal acquisition management specialist to support our U.S. State Department client at the Office of the Coordinator for Afghan Relocation Efforts (CARE). This position requires an acquisition subject matter expert who possesses extensive knowledge of and background in government contracting and the full range of acquisition support services. The position requires performing acquisition activities, including (but not limited to) the following in support of Global Acquisitions Management initiatives at DoS/CARE:
- Assisting the government acquisition program office with acquisition planning, strategy, and execution for major logistics and services acquisitions.
- Providing advice and recommendations for all elements in acquisition plans, including approaches, options, strategies, risks, contracting methods, competition, sources, cost, milestone schedules, and researching existing Government-Wide Area Contracts (GWACs) for available products and services.
- Evaluating different approaches to and sources for acquisition support.
- Researching available suppliers and comparing the services and costs of obtaining support from the different providers.
- Assist with authoring contract statements of work (SOW) or performance work statements (PWS)
- Assist with authoring contract position descriptions and itemized tasks/deliverables
- Pre-award and post-award support, including source selection, tracking, and monitoring obligated funding, drafting contract documents, coordinating post award contracts, and other duties as assigned.
- Performance management (e.g., submission of CPARS, ensuring compliance with the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan [QASP]).
- Providing Acquisition Training.
- Supporting audits, data calls, and external taskings.
- Assisting the CO in the closeout of contacts and orders.
- Preparing monthly reports.
- Assisting in the evaluation process and assuring written documentation to support both informal and formal source selection procedures.
- 10+ years of experience drafting federal acquisition documents preferably for installation logistics and installation services for requirements
- Minimum Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- SECRET clearance is required. Must be a U.S. citizen
- MUST possess a thorough working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency-specific regulations, preferably related to DoS
- Knowledge of performance-based contracting, source selection plans, and procedures
- Proven problem-solving abilities and a tangible track record of results
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and cloud-based file sharing platforms
- Ability to work directly with clients and minimal direct supervision
- Experience writing and reviewing all contract artifacts for accuracy and completeness (SOW/PWS/QASP/Position Descriptions and Itemized Task Line Items)
- Experience with Purchasing/Contracting Methods and Techniques including small purchasing techniques, basic Federal acquisition, research and interpretation of laws, regulations, and policies and routine negotiated procurement actions.
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques, methods, and procedures of Government contracting to perform pre-award, post-award procurement actions and aspects of contract administration.
- Knowledge of the Department of State acquisition process is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Acquisition Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.