- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our great client is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join our Application Development Team supporting US Military Entrance Processing Command (USMEPCOM), located in the North Chicago, IL.
The position supports the development teams responsible for building new features and modernizing applications associated with processing recruit candidates who are enlisting in the armed forces. This position works with three development teams gathering and interpreting business requirements and communicating those requirements to development teams. Candidate must have a strong understanding of agile software development, project and problem management, and can promote open communication among teams to ensure collaboration.
Candidate should have experience in DoD software projects, working with decentralized teams, knowledge of cloud based applications, and have good written and communication skills.
- Required to lead meetings for requirements elicitation and to analyze complex problem resolutions
- Lead the definition of user business requirements and ensure they are appropriately addressed in application design, test, and implementation
- Develop specifications and test plans associated with application development or modification
- Perform daily updates in tracking tools to keep the team and management informed
- Participate in sprint ceremonies, often presenting during planning ceremonies
- Responsible for client coordination and collaboration to fully elicit requirements
- Responsible for managing multiple confluence pages to drive development planning
- Provide development and processing support for both “Standard” and “Ad hoc” reports.
- Experience analyzing software projects for cloud-based applications
- At least 12 years' experience analyzing complex software projects for DoD clients.
- Strong knowledge using Atlassian tools especially Confluence and JIRA
- Ability to define and document customer business functions and processes
- Ability to construct workflow charts and diagrams; decompose system capabilities; write specifications, epics, and stories
- Ability to trace support requirement fulfillment from business need through development and deployment
- Must be strong communicator and presenter
- Experience with AWS cloud development teams
- Experience with Ruby on Rails framework, React JS, and PostgreSQL
- Detail oriented, analytical, and inquisitive
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience in staff training
- Ability to write clear, concise technical documentation
- Comfortable interacting with staff and management, including executive levels
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
BusinessView all jobs at Warriors Recruiting