Please Note: This entry level position requires 10 hour days, 5 days a week + Saturdays based on need. Willing to train, but the candidate will require a strong work ethic and mechanical aptitude.
Operates one or more of the following types of equipment:
- Broaching machines to broach internal or external cylindrical or flat surfaces of metal work pieces
- Milling Machines
- Tapping and Drilling Machines
- Assembly Machines
- Coining Machine
- Chamfer Machines
or similar type equipment, by performing the following duties:
- Reads blueprint, job order or specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances.
- Lifts work piece and positions and secures it in fixture.
- Verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
- Responsible for cleaning out machine at end of run.
- Positions work piece against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade.
- Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies or work pieces.
- Performs minor housekeeping operations near and around work area and machine.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visions, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Monday - Saturday (Opportunity for OT)
Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Benefits Offered after 60 days
Paid Holidays and Paid Vacations