Seeking energetic, well organized multi-skilled Chief Maintenance Engineer for Hilton Hotel.
Candidate must be able to clear a background and drug screen.
Candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule to include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Position Offers Medical-company paid up to $800 per month, Voluntary, Company paid Dental and Vision Benefits
Position is eligible for $2500 sign-on bonus*
Job Summary: The Chief Maintenance Engineer is an hourly position reporting directly to the General Manager. The Chief Maintenance Engineer supervises the operation, maintenance, and repair of hotel equipment, tools, and facilities. Oversees the maintenance staff and may work in both an office setting and on the property, addressing HVAC and other types of issues. In addition to maintenance duties, this position may also work with contractors to coordinate renovations, remodeling projects and new construction.
- Reviews maintenance problems, guest complaints, and work orders to prioritize and schedule work assignments
- Monitors and inspects assigned work
- Trouble-shoots, diagnoses, and repairs malfunctioning electrical/mechanical systems and equipment
- Inspects property to identify current and future requirement
- Plans and executes on-going maintenance programs
- Performs preventative maintenance assignments in accordance with company standards
- Services the hotel pool
Guest Services: Establishes and sustains a culture that strives to meet or exceed customer expectations. Specifically:
- Continuously demonstrates a commitment to guest service by proactively responding to guest needs
- Trains and empowers hotel maintenance staff to deliver superior guest service
- Proactively partners with General Manager and Assistant General Manager to develop value-added customer service programs, in accordance with brand and company standards
- Partners with General Manager and Assistant General Manager to develop performance measures and reward incentives that reinforce the brand and company commitment to customer service
- Communicates to guests about hospitality promotions, local attractions, and points of interest
Human Resource Management: Supports the General Manager and Assistant General Manager in:
- Recruitment, selection, and training of a skilled and motivated maintenance work force
- Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between maintenance staff and management
- Actively supports training and development to enable superior guest service
Profit Management: Supports the General Manager and Assistant General Manager in:
- Preparation of maintenance portion of annual budget
- Controlling costs in the maintenance department
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and ensuring proper inventory/cost control procedures
- Solicits bids from contractors and evaluates bids, as appropriate
Safety and Security: Supports the General Manager and Assistant General Manager in creating and reinforcing a workspace culture that emphasizes safety and security, specifically:
- Coordinates with local health, safety, fire, and building inspectors to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and regulations
- Recognizes and corrects conditions which may create security and safety hazards
- Understands and adheres to policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system
- Leads on-going safety training
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ability to multi-task and be organized
- Good time management skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to read, write, and understand information effectively
- Valid state issued driver’s license and operational personal vehicle
- Ability to complete Brand required training within Brand specified timeframe
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must have possessed valid driver's license for a minimum of 6 years
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED
- Three (3) years’ experience in maintenance, in a hospitality setting preferred
- One (1) year of prior supervisory experience
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to lift 50-75lbs and push or pull a 250lb cart
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, and be able to bend at the waist and stretch above the head
- This position works with and around several different chemicals during the course of the day
- This position works with and around blood borne pathogens
Due to the nature of the position, you may have an office, but, can expect to walk around the hotel and standup the majority of the time. Work environment involves risks or discomforts which require safety precautions. Use of safe work place practices is required.
This document only provides a general description of the position. It is neither intended nor represented as providing a fixed and/or complete list of its duties, skills, efforts, responsibilities or working conditions. Management has the right at any time to change these duties or description herein.
The Cherry Cove Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA), Titles I and II of the ADA of 1990, and Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Cherry Cove Group will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of a physical or mental impairment with regard to any position or program for which that person is qualified.