On-site Auction Team Member (Photographer/Cataloger)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Onsite Team Member Job Description
Wardlow Auctions, Inc., is a well-established and highly successful online auction company based in Louisville. We are currently seeking to fill a couple of positions within our company in order to meet the growing demand of our current and future clients. These positions are considered entry level, as there will be plenty of on-the-job training.
Ideal candidates work well in fast-paced environments, have the ability to learn quickly, work efficiently and well with others, and have the desire to keep learning and progressing.
While we are looking for catalogers and photographers, candidates with the ability to both will have a leg-up in the hiring process.
Work Location: Location varies by the auction site, but generally Louisville, East Louisville, and Oldham County.
Work Schedule: Schedule will most likely vary depending on the job and other staff schedules, but would prefer someone with Monday through Friday availability, from approximately 9-5 or 8:30-4:30. Occasionally until 6 p.m. for pick-ups. Also, 1-2 Sundays a month for a 2-3 hour Open House (flat daily rate).
Pay: Pay is negotiable depending on experience, $13-$15/hour.
Cataloger: Accurately and efficiently input item descriptions into the computer (would be ideal for you to bring a computer to a job site with you, but we can make one available if you don’t have one). This will be done via Excel, Google Sheets, or directly into our auction software. Ideal candidates would have some experience, knowledge, or desire to learn about antiques, collectibles, etc.
Photographer: Take clean and clear photos of items to be auctioned in an efficient manner. Lots average 6 shots per lot, with higher value items requiring more photos, lower value items, less. The thing to keep in mind as a photographer is “am I accurately depicting this item and if I were wanting to buy it, what would I want to see.” We tell photographers we are not trying to win photography awards, but we want our photos to look favorably. Ideal candidates have some photography or point-and-shoot experience. We will provide the camera.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Must be team-oriented, possess strong attention to detail, be reliable and ability to take initiative
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and general computer skills
- Experience with point-and-shoot or DSLR cameras, and experience in post-production (editing)
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and multi-task in a time-sensitive environment
- Personable in a customer or client-facing environment
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
Wardlow Auctions professionals will have the following character traits:
- Integrity: possesses strong character in all internal & external relationships
- Honesty: transparent in dealings with other team members and clients
- Initiative: recognizes opportunities and takes action without being asked
- Diligence: energized by being diligent in meeting deadlines and completing tasks on time
Wardlow Auctions, Inc.Why Work Here?
Something different every day, unique opportunities, and lots of room for growth!
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Wardlow Auctions, Inc.