Independently inspects and monitors specific construction activities to ensure completion per the plans and adheres to all specifications and codes required. Notifies management of significant issues Completes documentation to attest to satisfactory completion of inspection or test activities. Employee must develop a thorough understanding of the project scope and schedule as they relate to his/her specific assignment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures.
- Inspect and ensure the quality of work performed during the daily activities of the overall construction on a large scale wind, and solar projects. Included but not limited to roads, excavations, concrete, rebar, substations, transmission lines, underground utilities and wind turbine installation.
- Determine that construction work is in conformance with the design documents.
- Review tests and inspection reports submitted by inspector. Identifying non-conforming results and coordinating a resolution.
- Ensure all materials associated with installation are in accordance with approved submittals and product data to ensure compliance with job site specifications.
- Perform basic to moderate surveying and necessary measuring to check line, grade and dimensions of roadway, and structural elements.
- Must plan and conduct daily activities in a highly organized manner to ensure all QC and QA data are properly and accurately recorded.
- On a daily basis monitor and record all work scope being executed and prepare a comprehensive Daily Report with measurement of daily quantities completed and resources utilized.
- Prevents deficiencies through per-construction quality control inspection.
- Detects deficiencies and addressed deficiencies in a timely and effective manner
- Work closely with the field engineering staff acting as their site representative ensuring construction complies with the QA/QC requirements.
- Interface with field superintendents to maintain an open line of communication and reporting monitor job progress, schedules and subcontractor performance and coordinate the operation of the field through management of field personnel
- Compile all necessary information to create an operations and maintenance manual/file which will include subcontractor list with contacts and phone numbers and warranties and operation instructions for all components within the budget
- Manage the inventory process as materials arrive to site: inspection, offload, receiving, and storage.
- Inspect the work and establish the final punch list.
- Manage and maintain production and extra work authorization log, identifying items and their resolutions.
- Prepared and distribute daily project updates to necessary parties. (POD)
- Capable of determining calibration status of measuring and test equipment.
- Interacts cross-functionally with other Field Engineers and project management.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related degree.
- Or Associate degree in Construction Management, Engineering Technology or related degree plus 2 years’ experience in related construction field.
- Construction related certifications a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Wanzek’s Zero Injury principles.
- The Field engineer I must be a self-starter, be organized and have good interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, power point and outlook.
- Proficient in the use of computers and software packages needed to support the documentation, analysis and retention of quality records.
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and effectively manage task independently.
- Read, analyze and interpret blueprints and technical procedures.
- Write daily reports and document project activities
- Effectively collect and record field data to assure activities are conforming to corporate Quality Control procedures. Ensures the effective implementation of the quality control program for assigned project task.
- Calculate figures and amounts and able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly and interface effectively with a diverse group of field level employees.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.