- Analyze business, such as color, size and attribute selling to provide narrative information to assist the buying team in responding to business needs.
- Understand the Fitness profile to assist the Merchant in tailoring the assortment to meet the needs of our customers and stylists.
- Hindsight seasonal vendor, product and financial results by product category at the macro level and be able to analyze product performance.
- Constantly research the market and competitive landscape to identify new brands, trends and product categories that meet or exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Assist Merchant with the writing and vendor distribution of Purchase orders.
- Own the “Sample Coordinating” for all products and respective meetings (Styleouts, Photoshoots and any/all Keep samples).
- Own the “Checking In” of all products from the warehouse and distribute accordingly.
- Partner with all cross-functional and functional partners (Vendor Ops, Product Ops, Marketing, Creative, Stylists and Customer Service).
- Partner with Merchant to expand your knowledge base of all categories, this should include; Product knowledge, Performance Data by Category, and opportunities for improvement.
- 2-3 years retail or fashion experience or 1+ years as a Merchandise Assistant.
- Ability to work on cross functional teams.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Detail and process oriented.
- Clear and concise presentation skills.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Google productivity suite.
- An understanding of the customer's wants and needs, the Wantable shopping experience, and the ability to creatively identify the appropriate product/trend that will appeal to the customer and meet their expectations.
- Fundamental understanding of the statistical components of the business (IMU%, GM%, turn, WOS, AOV, take rate etc.) and the OTB.