Purchasing Inventory Control
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Wandfluh of America Inc (WAM), a leading manufacturer of premium, high quality hydraulic valves and eControls in North
America, is currently seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of Purchasing Lead/Inventory Control.
This position requires a working knowledge of purchasing, supply chain, procurement of both goods and services, inventory
management, and have a familiarity working in an ERP system. This position is on regular day shift, Monday through Friday,
8am-5pm although occasional weekend work and overtime may be required based on production needs.
Duties and responsibilities
- All Sourcing/Purchasing activities required to fulfill company orders - i.e., qualifying new vendors, requesting timely quotes, finding and establishing relationships with new vendors, negotiating with vendors for best pricing delivery, inventory management, logistics support, monitoring and expediting deliveries, and maintaining all database items in an ERP system.
- Managing inventory by verifying stocking levels, order demand, scheduling, logistics, delivery, and replenishment planning
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered, resolving any shipments delays or errors
- Manage all Logistics, customs, freight forwarders, and delivery services to assure that all purchases are received on-time.
- Provides purchasing planning, inventory reports, and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Self-starter, logical thinker, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative, leadership, and engagement at senior level
- Collaborate with other WAM team members to obtain/share the appropriate data to complete the assigned task
- Ensures all purchasing Dept. procedures have a clear robust process and are fully documented to avoid ambiguity
- Drive continuous departmental improvement activities to meet the highest customer, personnel, and company expectations
- Maintain good housekeeping practices, drive 5S activities in the purchasing dept. and adjacent areas.
- Participate in the understanding and adherence of corporate policies, standards, and compliance with ISO procedures.
- Drive positive employee relations, through open, clear communication, confident ‘can-do,’ resourceful attitude
- Drive cost savings and higher efficiency through recommending cost saving initiatives in the purchasing and adjacent areas.
- Other duties as assigned by senior WAM management (inventory, logistics, warehouse staff management, etc.).
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred or experience relative in purchasing, supply chain inventory management
- Requires 3+ years purchasing/buyer experience and a strong aptitude for acquiring new skills and knowledge
- Strong experience with supply chain inventory management, purchasing, and vender relationship management.
- Must have a valid United States automobile driver’s license
- Engaging personality, confident, Initiative-taker able to learn our systems quickly with aptitude to give instruction as needed
- Ability to locate, read, and follow the data appropriate for the assigned task and write/speak English proficiently
- Strong work ethic with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency to use an ERP system to accomplish all purchasing and inventory functions.
- Confident demeanor, dependability, able to work independently but also contribute to a team environment
- Comfortable to be express opinions and be a contributing member in a collaborative environment
- Training and experience utilizing Lean methods in an ISO approved production environment preferred
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs
- Conduct oneself in accordance with Wandfluh of America Core Values
- The position is based at Wandfluh of America, ‘Product Distribution Center’ in Charlotte, NC
- Hours are M-F 8:00am – 5:00pm, occasional overtime and weekend work as required.
- Climate controlled office/warehouse environment with periods of seating or standing.
- Travel is not a component for this position but may be occasionally required to support company training/branch needs
Wandfluh of America, Inc
8200 Arrowridge Blvd STE DMonroe, NC