- Posted: over a month ago
Wanderpups is a veteran and woman-owned dog walking company in Washington, DC. We are rooted in animal advocacy and committed to providing excellent pet care for all animals who cross our paths. We are looking to hire people who align with our values of compassion, integrity, and professionalism.
We also have a strong belief in work / life balance. You will not take work home with you and we do not offer services on weekends.
The company: - Wanderpups
- Professional dog walker
- $19 - $21 / hour (based on previous payrolls - work is paid per walk performed)
- $450 - $550 / week
$9 - $10 per 30 minute walk before tips or bonuses.
Performance reviews with potential compensation increases starting at six months.
Bonuses included for off-peak work (evenings, and holidays) and private walks ($5). We also have new client referrals, new staff member referrals, and new client meeting bonuses ($15).
- Create a safe and positive walking environment for our client's dogs (in private and small pack settings)
- Follow the client provided care instructions including training preferences
- Give our clients first-class customer service with a personal touch
- You are an excellent communicator with both our management team and the clients
- Contribute to the team effort by working as a team player
- Practice time management to ensure on-time arrivals for all assigned visits
- Travel to our office location (Capitol Hill) upon request
- You must provide/update your availability on a weekly basis via our scheduling app (Time to Pet), this is a critical step to ensure we always have enough support for our clients
The ideal candidate:
- A candidate with experience, compassion, and empathy for animals. Previous volunteer or professional experience is helpful but a positive attitude with a desire to learn is very important. Integrity and honesty are critical components to our success.
- Our staff must have the ability to work autonomously with little supervision. Strong attention to detail, following specific client instructions is important in this position.
- A candidate who has a strong understanding of time management, safety, and local neighborhoods.
- Ready to work and travel in all weather conditions, from 90 degrees to 9 degrees.
- Special consideration for candidates with evening, weekend, and holiday availability.
- This is an excellent opportunity for people looking to start a career or grow their current professional experience with dogs. Many members of our staff were previously dog walkers with on-demand services, doggy daycare staff, dog groomers, or volunteers at a local shelter. This is also a job that is ideal for any candidate looking to work outdoors, with animals in a fun, and active setting without the work itself being strenuous.
- The most important attribute of an ideal candidate is an innate desire to care for animals while ensuring their safety.
- The position has a flexible schedule (you will provide/update weekly) but we would prefer candidates that are consistently available to work Monday through Wednesday during the business day. Most of our clients will request services between 10 am and 4 pm. If you do not have consistent availability, we still encourage you to apply. We can benefit from backup coverage and/or availability of off-peak work hours (early mornings and evenings).
- This position would be offered as an independent contracting position. If you have any questions about this arrangement, you can email: email@example.com
- The majority of tasks assigned will require you to walk or stand on your feet for several hours per day, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, twist, walk up and down stairs; handle extra small and/or large dogs, and be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Comfortable walking up to four dogs at the same time
- Clients often request feedings, removing and returning their dogs from a crate, and puppy pad replacements.
- Capable of working in an environment with traffic, the public, and barking
- You may be exposed to solvents, disinfectants, sanitation chemicals, animal dander, saliva, urine, feces, animal teeth, and claws may contact hands, skin, and clothing
- Note COVID-19 considerations, we wear masks, sanitize often, and social distance as much as possible
- You have previous customer service experience and are capable of communicating with clients, staff, and vendors in both written and spoken English
- You are capable of working with little supervision
- You have the patience and empathy to work with puppies and other animals with special needs and requirements (medical and behavioral concerns)
- You must be 18 years or older and legally allowed to work in the US
- You must own a reliable bicycle or be able to operate your own reliable, insured vehicle for the purposes of quickly traveling between client residences (your travel time from one client's residence to another can influence your earnings per hour)
- You must own a smartphone (iOS or Android) with the ability to run our scheduling software (using data and GPS as needed)
Please check us out on Instagram!
This is a wonderful opportunity at an industry-leading company. Our Yelp and Google pages will show you what our clients have to say about our work!
Learn more about us on Indeed! A former employee previously said Wanderpups has "Amazing pets and clients"!
Powered by JazzHR
AnimalView all jobs at Wanderpups