- $19 to $21 Hourly
Wanco Inc. is seeking a Custodian/ Maintenance Technician in our Arvada, CO production facility.
Performs janitorial and maintenance duties to include overall building and grounds cleanliness, maintenance, and repair functions.
· Provides maintenance and minor repairs to plumbing, electrical, HVAC and sprinkler systems; may perform routine carpentry work.
· Performs some repairs and maintenance of buildings by patching walls and doors,
· Painting walls and trim, replacing fixtures and partitions; replacing damaged ceiling and floor tiles, and repairing the carpet.
· Cleans, sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors by hand or machine.
· Washes windows, screens, sills, woodwork, doors, desks, walls, and ceilings.
· Cleans and sanitizes restrooms dust and vacuums.
· Collects and disposes of waste, shovels snow, maintains outside sidewalks, and assists in keeping outside premises in an orderly condition.
· Performs related work as required.
· Work with other team leads to manage and prioritize assignments to ensure customer demand and the production schedule are met.
· Strong level of attention to detail.
· Work closely with the support staff such as technicians, engineers, and production supervisors to resolve issues.
· Provide leadership by demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety-conscious behavior.
· Maintain thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
· Work with management to set goals and implement processes that will ensure goals are met.
· Communicate and support goals in a manner that motivates the support and acceptance of others.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
· Maintain good communication with employees and other departments.
· Strong conflict resolution, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
· Maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
· 2 or more years.
· Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude.
· Two (2) years of experience in custodial and building maintenance activity (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.).
· Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Skills and Experience:
· Skill in the operation of a variety of hand tools.
· Ability to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions, make routine decisions independently, sustain long periods of light to moderately heavy physical activity, and work harmoniously with others.
· Knowledge of cleaning and waxing compounds, heating and ventilating equipment, lawn mowers, irrigating systems, snow blowers, lawn, and plant fertilizers, and insecticides.
· Floor buffers and custodial equipment, and basic tools utilized in building maintenance; considerable knowledge of maintenance and repair work; thorough knowledge of proper safety techniques and procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with
hands and arms, stand, walk, and use tools. The employee is regularly required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Shift: M-S,
Benefits: Insurance (Medical, Dental, Life, 401k). Paid time off and holidays.
Eligible to participate in Wanco’s standard benefits package.
Reporting: This position reports to the Facilities Manager.
Wanco provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Exceptional team, great benefits, industry leader creating great products!
Wanco is the industryʼs leading manufacturer of highway safety and traffic control products. Innovation and new product development have made us what we are, and will continue to carry our reputation forward, well into the future. Wanco provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Wanco, Inc.Arvada, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.