Warehouse / Counter Sales Associate
- $17 to $21 Hourly
Walters is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other legally protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of Walters’ employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
The position of warehouse/counter sales associate is responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions including the receiving, storing, handling, shipping, and preparation of product for customer delivery while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives material coming into the building by vendors, customers, or other warehouses accurately and promptly.
- Verifies the quantity and description of materials received by checking merchandise against the packaging list.
- Prepares a receiving report if none is available.
- Examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items. Appropriately report/record any discrepancies.
- Accurately place materials on shelves, in racks or other designated storage areas in an orderly manner.
- Attach identifying tag or labels to materials.
- Assemble and fill orders to be shipped to customers.
- Preparation of all shipping documentation.
- Review all orders to determine if they were picked correctly.
- Safely and accurately cut designated lengths of wire.
- Address maintenance issues of wire cutting tools and machinery.
- Ensure warehouse and equipment is maintained on a regular basis.
- Safely operate all the necessary equipment in the work area.
- Accurately identify and count stock materials as listed on the cycle count list
- Assist with the counter as needed.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
- Be able to identify product by size, type, style, color or product code.
- Solid reading skills- must be able to read order/match orders on shipping tickets to items picked.
- Basic math skills and reasoning skills.
- Ability to understand and execute instruction
- Essential customer service and communication skills
- General understanding of the warehouse
- Operate inventory control equipment
- Willing to learn and work in a team environment.
- Proficiency for data entry utilization of web browsers & internet search engines
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Bilingual in Spanish is highly desired.
- Experience is a plus.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions
- Ability to move/lift to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to withstand temperatures of a typical warehouse environment.
- Ability and desire to learn warehouse and company operations.
- Position requires climbing of ladders or using forklift to reach top level selections.
Walters Wholesale Electric Company was founded in 1953 by Lester H. Walter.
The Walters mission is to treat customers and employees fairly and honorably and to develop a lasting and satisfying relationship with each and every one.
Since 1953, Walters Wholesale Electric Company has served the construction industry throughout Southern California. Today, the freeway-close, network of Walters branches provide quick and convenient access to a full complement of supplies for contractors and construction companies.
Walters Wholesale provides competitive benefits such as:
- Health insurance (medical & dental only)
- Basic Life & AD&D insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company contribution
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Personal Leave Time (vacation and sick leave)
- Product discounts
If you are unable to complete the online application due to a disability, contact the Walters Recruiting Team to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Walters Wholesale ElectricSanta Ana, CA
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.