Project Coordinator - Structural Steel
- Posted: over a month ago
The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Project Managers in all aspects of the build, from the Proposed Design and Bidding Stage through to on-site construction, while ensuring projects remain on time and in budget. To achieve these important goals, the Project Coordinator will define project requirements and scope and acquire project resources, as needed.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Project Scheduling and Tracking
- Assists with the change management process including; notifications, submissions and pricing.
- Monitors the project schedule and assists in anticipating problems. Proactively notifies the Project Manager of any matters that may result in a change in the overall project schedule.
- Tracks all RFI’s and approvals to ensure a smooth process.
- Expedites any changes to engineering, detailing, fabrication and/or erection.
- Assists in the coordination and tracking of drawings; compiles backup and issues progress drawings.
- Reports to the client as needed and required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering, project management, business administration or a related field.
Skills, Knowledge and Competency Requirements
- Advanced knowledge of MS Project / MS Office
- Knowledge of project management software, preferred
- Knowledge in structural steel fabrication, connections and erection practices, preferred
- A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities
- Highly developed communication skills – Both Written and Oral
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Commercial Knowledge; ability to read/review contracts, understand construction financials
- Travel is required from time to time. Average is twice per month.
Walters Group is committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
TechnologyView all jobs at Walters Inc.