Coordinate Field and Shop Service activities for internal and external Customers. Provide resources and support to Field and Shop personnel who perform services including installation, maintenance, and repair. Ensure that Field and Shop Service activities meet the expectations of the Customer. Familiar with common practices and procedures within a Service Department. Performs a variety of daily tasks, and will lead the work of Field and Shop personnel. Individual will report directly to the Service Manager.
- Assist customers with their repair and service needs and provide exceptional customer service to promote the continued growth of the business.
- Keep customers and technicians informed of the status, cost of repairs and timeline for Job completion; including, but not limited to, daily job briefings with Shop & Field Technicians.
- Verify warranty and service contract coverage and explain provisions and exclusions to customers
- Communicating with Service Manager and technicians to understand maintenance and repair needs on company and customer equipment
- Prepare service estimates for repairs and preventative maintenance plans
- Create, track, review and close work orders
- Maintain Customer and Supplier Relations
- Participate and lead tool box and safety meeting
- Ability to work with little supervision and adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment
- Proficient computer skills required – Standard programs such as MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong communication, attention to detail and multi-task multiple jobs within the work day
- Safety knowledge and experience with general concepts and practices within a Service Department
- 1 – 3 years experience in Heavy Equipment Industry preferred