The Walt Disney Television is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, including the world's largest television studio. This includes the ABC Entertainment, Disney Television Studios (including ABC Studios, Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox21 Television Studio), ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, FX Networks & FX Productions, National Geographic Partners and the company's equity interest in A+E Television Networks.
The Walt Disney Television Strategy & Business Operations team is an internal consulting group supporting Walt Disney Television executive leadership as well as key business partners across The Walt Disney Company on various strategic and operational initiatives.
This position reports to the EVP/CFO, Disney Television Studios and will also provide assistance to the other senior executives on the team, as well as assuming some office manager duties at 20th Century Fox Television. This position is an extension of the EVP and represents the DTS Finance team in a professional and positive manner. This position will split time between the Fox Studios lot and the Disney Studios lot, per the EVP/CFO's schedule. The ideal candidate will have the ability to build strong relationships at all levels, be the consummate team player, and have the ability to proactively provide assistance whenever needed.
- Primary administrative support to EVP/CFO and provide back up support to other senior executives
- Overall administrative duties to include, but not limited to, answering and screening incoming phone calls, scheduling meetings and maintaining extensive calendars, handling the preparation and processing of expense reports, auditing expense reports for 20th Century Fox Television, processing invoices and intercompany billbacks
- Provide additional office support such as distributing mail, filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning and tracking documents, and word processing
- Manage the planning, coordination, and execution of business travel (domestic and international), including trip logistics and itinerary, meeting coordination, as well as remote support
- Assist in assembling budget books/financial presentations as needed
- Interface (both written and verbal) with various internal Disney departments, Executives and business units
- Periodically provide general office management support to team, including the handling of building occupancy related matters, oversee facility issues, order supplies, and work with building management as needed
- Participate in the administrative team, providing backup to other assistants and contributing to common administrative duties
- Onboard new employees, including physical and IT access
- Minimum of 3 year of experience in an administrative capacity for a senior executive (SVP or higher)
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) for Mac
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to anticipate needs, take initiative, prioritize, meet deadlines, and be resourceful and flexible, while maintaining absolute professionalism and confidentiality
- Team player with a great attitude with the ability to interact with and build strong relationships across multiple levels of employees and clients within and outside the organization
- Detail-oriented, with proven organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment in executing tasks without supervision
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Must possess enthusiasm, flexibility and creativity and be willing to assume challenges and increased responsibility
- Ability to quickly learn internal meeting systems (i.e. expenses systems, travel booking, invoices systems, drive-ons, conference room reservations, etc.) and the resources of who to reach out to with questions
- This position will work from Burbank AND Fox Plaza in Century City; candidates must be able work from both locations
- Minimum of 5 years' experience supporting a senior level executive in the entertainment industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Job ID: 725427BR
Job Posting Company: Media Networks
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.