Experienced mortgage professional responsible for managing all aspects of Retail Loan Underwriting. The Underwriter issues credit decisions based on guidelines of the programs. Primary responsibility is to analyze, and review loan based on agency, investor, and company guidelines with a focus on efficiency and quality.
***This is a remote position in states that we have a platform (Arizona, California, Idaho, New Mexico, Texas, Washington & Wyoming)***
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1) Proficient working with automated underwriting systems (DU/LP) and major loan origination systems
2) Analyze credit, income, asset and collateral documents to comply with agency guidelines
3) Calculate income for qualifying, including self-employment income analysis
4) Clear loan conditions and communicate effectively with LO and team
5) Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks effectively under specific time constraints
6) Effectively communicate and proactively engage with all parties in the loan transaction in regards to, but not limited to loan conditions and current status of loan.
7) Maintains a secured environment to underwrite loan files
8) Current working knowledge of all industry related Federal and State Regulations
9) Knowledge of agency and investor loan programs and industry (FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA) underwriting guidelines
10) Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
11) Effectively manage loan pipeline at various volume levels
12) Work within the parameters of W&V policies, procedures and comply with all facets of Wallick & Volk’s Employee Handbook
13) Perform other duties as assigned by management
1) Respond to any QC Audit reviews of your loan files appropriately
2) Research / Respond / Clear all Pend to Fund issues in an acceptable and timely manner
3) Ability and willingness to mentor co-workers
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1) High School degree or equivalent (Higher degree preferred)
2) Minimum 5 years in Underwriting loans
3) VA/LAPP, FHA DE (CHUMS) , & SAR preferred
4) Dependable in completing tasks with strong attention to detail and accuracy
5) Positive Attitude
6) Excellent Communication skills- phone, personal contact & written
7) Time Management Skills
Working conditions are normal for an office environment and can be a remote from position from your home. Work requires almost exclusive work using a telephone and computer.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.