Wallboard Supply is looking for a new CDL Driver to join our Worcester, MA location!
Applicants must possess a valid CDL Class A or B License. Boom or hoisting experience a plus, but we are willing to train you!
Local deliveries only, home every night!
What will I be doing?
- Maintain a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License as required.
- Prepare DOT required log of time on duty and driving.
- Organizes and secures load.
- Assists forklift operators when loading.
- Accounts for all company funds, such as C.O.D.’s.
- Checks orders for accuracy.
- Delivers and unloads materials manually or by material handling devices to customers’ satisfaction.
- Completes daily equipment pre-inspection.
- Records all merchandise that is returned by truck, assists in unloading material returned for credit.
- Follows guidelines established by the Department of Transportation in reporting license, medical card updates, accidents, etc.
- Operates on-board material handling equipment, e.g. booms, cranes, moffet, etc. where needed in a safe and efficient manner; maintains records regarding equipment use and time charged
- Proper use of routing program in company issued phone.
- Logs in deliveries on supervisor’s log sheet.
- Waits on customers while truck is being loaded.
- Relays messages sent by customers while on job.
- Assists supervisor, other employees and other work areas, as assigned.
- Assists in maintaining good housekeeping in yard and warehouse.
- to established safety rules and regulations and follows all safety procedures; maintains a safe environment.
- Retains an awareness of the work environment critical to the task at hand to produce error free and damage free results.
- Adheres to established safety rules and regulations and follow all safety procedures; maintains a safe and clean environment.
- Complies with Company’s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
What knowledge, skills and abilities are required of me?
- Must complete and pass federal background check, drug screen and required DOT pre-employment.
- Minimum education required— High School Diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
- Minimum experience required—must be a CDL A or B driver familiar with all DOT driver responsibilities.
- Special skills required— Attention to detail when delivering over sized loads and the ability to do arithmetic, read orders, write instructions and complete forms. Forklift experience a plus.
- Communicate well with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills. Knowledge and ability to use safe lifting techniques. Ability to clearly and patiently train and test newly hired and rehired employees when needed.
- Other—Clean driving record; current operator’s license, and Federal medical card.
- Physical demands include stooping, bending, twisting and throwing. Working in a variety of climates and environmental conditions. Ability to lift up 100 lbs. or more on a repetitive basis.
- ABLE AND WILLING TO LEARN BOOM SKILLS A PLUS!
What benefits are offered to me?
- Employee Incentive Program
- Training opportunities
***Job located in Worcester, MA***