Business Development Representative
Our client is the world leading management research consulting and advisory firm in their space. As a pioneer in this area the firm helps companies grow revenue and influence. With a presence in more than 40 countries, our client is dedicated to advancing knowledge and sharing best practices and current research through client engagements, thought leadership publishing, executive education, membership networks, seminars, and publications.
The firm’s research is considered the authoritative source by the world’s leading publications and has been featured in nearly every relevant trade publication, including The Economist, Forbes, Fortune, Time, Bloomberg, Information Week, Industry Week, Business Week, The Financial Times, Washington Post, NY Times and the Wall Street Journal. Our analysts frequently appear on media outlets such as NPR, CNBC, FOX Business News, BBC, Sky News, CNN and a multitude of industry webcasts.
Our client is hiring a Business Development Representative who will team up with an Inside Sales Executive in Boston, MA to drive new relationships and a healthy sales pipeline. The candidate will lead the market outreach and engagement of new prospects and work directly for the local Sales Director, as well as handling all appointment setting for their Inside Sales Executive teammate. The successful candidate will have a growth opportunity into a Junior Sales Director role within 2-3 years.
Specifically, the candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Support activities on Target Account-base sales process
- Identifying and profiling prospective leads and organizational charts of target accounts (top companies’ profile)
- Populate and update contact detail within CRM platform Salesforce.com
- Run inbound lead follow-up, qualification and development activities
- Run outbound lead prospecting activities with substantial daily phone time
- Interpret and use calling guides effectively, adapting approach to local culture where needed
- Meeting a quota of setting 5-10 appointments a week for the local Sales Director
- Manage and update client development and sales activities records within CRM platform Salesforce.com
- Prepare, based upon template PPT decks, preliminary draft pitches and proposals presentations
- Prepare, based upon template DOC files, preliminary draft proposals and statements of work
- Support and develop ad-hoc project contacts database cleansing and updates
WHAT IT TAKES:
A successful candidate will possess experience and background profile with:
- Successful experience in sales and corporate communication is desired
- Outbound B2B calling executives
- Required BA/BS degree with a concentration in marketing, communications, business administration
Desired attitude and skills:
- Self-starter attitude with strong time management and organization skills
- Natural interpersonal skills on networking and idea-pitching
- Excellent written and visual aesthetics communication skills
Desired familiarity with day-to-day tools:
- Required fluency on MS Office package, with advance leverage of PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook functionalities
- Previous usage and contact with CRM platforms, such as Salesforce.com and Hubspot are desired
- While not required, familiarity with communication tools such as Slack, MS Teams, Skype, GoToMeeting, etc are welcome
- While not required, familiarity with Cloud and file management tools such as MS SharePoint and MS OneDrive are welcome
Our client provides an opportunity to work at the forefront of a management discipline – a discipline that they founded. An opportunity to stretch your cognitive abilities among the leadership ranks of the world’s premiere organizations. An opportunity to work with others whose talent, commitment and energy will inspire and challenge you.
The company believes in fostering growth both professionally and intellectually. They provide their teams with the support they need to excel and reach their full potential. They seek driven, enthusiastic individuals from a diversity of backgrounds.
Our client offers a full benefits program which includes health care choices, generous vacation and holiday PTO, 401k matching and more.
Applicants should contact our search firm: