Diesel Mechanic Supervisor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
General Job Description:
Ensures mechanic team operations are completed safely and efficiently. Promotes reliable and continuously improving (LEAN) work environments for teams with emphasis on program developments. Organizes inspections and upkeeps preventative maintenance and inventory programs relevant to vehicles, generator equipment; keeps accurate and updated records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designate day to day responsibilities, tasks and expectations for each team member; provides timelines and guidance for task completion;
- Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance program for fleet vehicles and machinery;
- Maintains control of department organization and inventory;
- Assists with relevant equipment and vehicle acquisitions;
- Identify cost-saving opportunities through vendor relationships and smart purchasing processes;
- Assists with the planning of emergency/contingencies such as power outages, break downs, etc
- Review written work orders and take work order phone calls when necessary;
- Helps teams determine vehicle or equipment deficiencies through inspection and diagnostic tests. Identify worn or damaged parts;
- Verifies vehicle and equipment performance;
- Training development and implementation;
- Actively analyze and improve process efficiencies;
- Ensure department compliance with safety and environmental regulations;
- Project planning and budget administration
- Development of trend analysis and reporting
- Utilizes available resources and personnel to prioritize and accomplish goals with available window of opportunity;
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge
- Time management of self and team
- Parts & supply management; inventory control
- Technical understanding and Job Knowledge
- Verbal and written communication skills with WWNC team, vendors, and customers
- Attention to detail and organization
- Budgeting and project management
- Graduate of a trade school or technical program for mechanics or equivalent experience (Required)
- ASE or other related certifications or trainings (preferred)
- CDL Class A (Preferred)
- Lead Mechanic
- Pre-trip Personnel
- Salary (Non-Exempt)
This job description is intended to cover as many elements of the job as possible. However, there may be additional tasks, duties or responsibilities that are asked of the employee in order for continued successful operations of the company.
Job duties and responsibilities may change at any time without notice, if a permanent change occurs this will be reflected in an updated job description.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Walla Walla Nursery Co. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Last updated: 01/10/2022
Walla Walla Nursery
AutomotiveView all jobs at Walla Walla Nursery