WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking a Bookkeeper at its headquarters office in Bloomfield Hills. This permanent position will have primary responsibility and oversight of bookkeeping and multi-state payroll, with some HR, billing and A/R functions.
WalkerHealthcareIT provides talented consultants to assist Healthcare organizations across the country with the implementation and administration of their software solutions. We provide Contract staffing services across all Healthcare IT application categories, from core clinical and patient data platforms to complex billing environments.
Finance & Payroll Major Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of weekly multi-state payroll.
- Minor Bookkeeping responsibilities (A/R, A/P, Journal Entries, etc.) utilizing Quickbooks.
- Onboarding and new hire paperwork processing.
Process all aspects of payroll to include the following:
- Weekly Full-Service Payroll (multi-state, multi-company)
- Time & Attendance Spreadsheets; Import & Manual entry
- Direct Deposits
- Tax forms
- Miscellaneous Deductions
- Manual Checks
- Communicate treasury liability for payroll
- Generate and review Weekly/Monthly payroll reporting as requested
- Perform payroll/benefit related reconciliations to the General Ledger
- Support WalkerHealthcareIT’s business objectives by acting as point person with key responsibility for the areas of billing and collections, payroll, vendors/payables and financial record keeping.
- Generate weekly invoices from time sheets and expense reports.
- Monitor open invoice aging and inquire about past due balances.
- Generate funding requests to cover weekly billing.
- Create journal entries in QuickBooks to track invoice funding transactions.
- Monitor and audit Funding escrow accounts in QuickBooks.
- Understand payroll strategies and deliver recommendations for improving the payroll process.
- Provide prompt, friendly, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, or the payroll process.
- Process and input employee changes such as deduction revisions, scheduled payments, benefit enrollments, form W-4 and banking information.
- Collect and organize timesheets and expense reports for employed contractors.
- Balance payroll accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies; initiating journal entries.
- Respond to payroll inquiries from employed contractors.
- Audit and maintain payroll and payroll tax reports and reconcile quarterly tax data in ADP Workforce Now.
- Perform account reconciliations, month-end and quarter-end activities as it relates to payroll and compensation.
- Maintains all payroll records (employee base, wages, benefits, sick and vacation time) and ensure integrity of payroll systems.
- Initiate and manage state registrations for payroll related taxes. Respond to inquiries from state agencies and payroll service (ADP).
- Prepares and completes monthly and quarterly statutory reporting to federal, state and local agencies as required.
- Tracks and monitors tax agency notifications and tracer payments through resolution and outcome.
- Wage Attachments and Garnishments administration, coordinating with vendors and agencies as appropriate.
- Off-cycle check processing, voids and transaction follow-up.
- Audit of all inputs and results, utilizing preview and post payroll reports, performing error corrections as needed.
- Support and administer employee access to ADP iPay portal.
- Respond to internal and external financial and worker's compensation audit requests.
- Coordinate corrections to prior quarter/year tax data changes including W-2C related corrections with ADP Payroll.
Required Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge of payroll and payroll tax rules and regulations in US
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Accounting, or related field - or recognized equivalent in education and experience, required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing, processing and/or consulting on full cycle payrolls, required.
- Previous experience with U.S. payroll, payroll regulations & reporting requirements, payroll garnishment law, multi state & local payroll laws, and payroll accounting required.
- Experience working with ADP or similar payroll system.
- Experience working with confidential information.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (manipulate lines, moving data, construct simple formulas). Intermediate proficiency in other Microsoft applications in (Word, Outlook).
- Previous experience with ERP systems, (Fieldglass, ShiftWise, PeopleSoft, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas verbally and in writing and diplomatically when handling sensitive and escalated situations.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Social Skills.
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Staffing industry payroll experience preferred.
- 5+ years of direct experience directly processing payroll for a multi-state workforce
- 2+ years of ADP experience
- Knowledge of employee benefits and labor laws
- Experience with hiring, onboarding, and termination or employees.
- Previous Billing and Accounts Payable / Receivable experience.
- Experience working with QuickBooks or similar bookkeeping system.
- FPC or CPP Payroll Certification, preferred.
- Knowledge/general understanding of insurance agencies and GAAP a plus.