WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking a Full Charge Bookkeeper at its headquarters office in Bloomfield Hills. This permanent position will have primary responsibility and oversight of bookkeeping and multi-state payroll, with some HR, billing and A/R functions.
WalkerHealthcareIT provides talented consultants to assist Healthcare organizations across the country with the implementation and administration of their software solutions. We provide Contract staffing services across all Healthcare IT application categories, from core clinical and patient data platforms to complex billing environments.
Finance & Payroll Major Areas of Responsibility
- Support WalkerHealthcareIT’s business objectives by acting as point person with key responsibility for the areas of billing and collections, payroll, vendors/payables and financial record keeping.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of weekly multi-state payroll.
- Minor Bookkeeping responsibilities (A/R, A/P, Journal Entries, etc.) utilizing Quickbooks.
- Onboarding and new hire paperwork processing.
- Generate weekly invoices from time sheets and expense reports.
- Monitor open invoice aging and inquire about past due balances.
- Weekly Full-Service Payroll (multi-state, multi-company)
- Time & Attendance Spreadsheets; Import & Manual entry
- Communicate treasury liability for payroll
- Generate and review Weekly/Monthly payroll reporting as requested
- Perform payroll/benefit related reconciliations to the General Ledger
- Understand payroll strategies and deliver recommendations for improving the payroll process.
- Collect and organize timesheets and expense reports for employed contractors.
- Balance accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies; initiating journal entries.
- Perform account reconciliations, month-end and quarter-end activities as it relates to payroll and compensation.
- Initiate and manage state registrations for payroll related taxes. Respond to inquiries from state agencies and payroll service (ADP).
- Prepares and completes monthly and quarterly statutory reporting to federal, state and local agencies as required.
- Tracks and monitors tax agency notifications and tracer payments through resolution and outcome.
- Wage Attachments and Garnishments administration, coordinating with vendors and agencies as appropriate.
- Audit of all inputs and results, utilizing preview and post payroll reports, performing error corrections as needed.
- Respond to internal and external financial and worker's compensation audit requests.
- Coordinate corrections to prior quarter/year tax data changes including W-2C related corrections with ADP Payroll.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Accounting, or related field - or recognized equivalent in education and experience, required.
- Previous experience with U.S. payroll, payroll regulations & reporting requirements, payroll garnishment law, multi state & local payroll laws, and payroll accounting required.
- Experience working with confidential information.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (manipulate lines, moving data, construct simple formulas). Intermediate proficiency in other Microsoft applications in (Word, Outlook).
- Previous experience with ERP systems, (Fieldglass, ShiftWise, PeopleSoft, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas verbally and in writing and diplomatically when handling sensitive and escalated situations.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Social Skills.
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge/general understanding of GAAP required
- Experience working with QuickBooks or similar bookkeeping system.
- Previous Billing and Accounts Payable / Receivable experience.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now a plus
- Staffing industry payroll experience a plus
- 5+ years of direct experience directly processing payroll for a multi-state workforce
- Knowledge of employee benefits and labor laws
- Experience with hiring, onboarding, and termination or employees.
Offering Industry Precision and Unsurpassed Talent, our Consultants will streamline processes, enhance consumer engagement and contribute to increased market share and overall success.
Our commitment is unwavering, going well beyond what is expected.
WalkerHealthcareFounded in 2007, WalkerHealthcareIT, strives to be the preeminent Healthcare IT Consulting firm in the United States. With a history of delivering exceptional results to Healthcare Payers and Providers, including Hospital and Healthcare Systems nationwide, we consistently exceed the expectations of those we serve. Our Consultants deliver industry specific expertise by assisting our Clients navigate the challenges associated with the transformational shift toward a more data-driven, personalized, patient-centric healthcare system. Offering Industry Precision and Unsurpassed Talent, our Consultants will streamline processes, enhance consumer engagement and contribute to increased market share and overall success. Our commitment is unwavering, going well beyond what is expected.
Bloomfield Hills, MI