Walker Windows is a window and door contractor looking for a Field Operations Manager to join our team. This exempt position reports to COO and is responsible for leading and developing all field operation and installation personnel and related functions to ensure all contractual obligations are met safely, timely, and within budget while demonstrating integrity, teamwork, and an ever-forward approach. Drives Company initiatives into action. We are looking for individuals experienced in construction accounting who can adapt, learn, and grow. We offer great benefits such as medical, 401K, and paid time off.
- Oversees, manages, and assigns all field operation and installation staff and ensures all activities are performed timely and per contract and to Walker Windows standards
- Coordinates directly with other departments to ensure schedules for all field teams are maintained and communicated effectively
- Reviews and monitors all project scheduling and forecasting to ensure effective field staffing
- Works directly with Vendors to identify, record, and resolve product concerns with proper documentation and communication with affected team members and parties
- Confirms timely Pre-walk & Post-walk inspections are performed to ensure production rates and quality standards are met per plans, contract, and governing codes and regulations
- Ensures field teams communicate with customers to coordinate schedules and set clear performance expectations while maintaining relationships and meeting contract objectives
- Teams with other department leaders to maintain unified team effort while exhibiting company values
- Responsible for the hiring, training, development, and retention of all field staff while instilling Company values and promoting a zero-injury safety culture
- Responsible for the implementation and enforcement of safety program and initiatives for all job-site activities
- Accountable for the review and enforcement of accurate and timely reporting from all field staff to meet all business needs and project-specific requirements
- Drives process improvement initiatives to increase efficiencies while building customer relationships and satisfaction
- Maintains and builds vendor relationships while developing strong product knowledge
- Reports and maintains metrics (KPI’s) to drive quality, productivity, and safety while maintaining schedules and budgets
- Must be process-oriented and highly technical and have a strong understanding of general construction and building codes affecting window and door installation
- Strong technical skills to lead in the development and implementation of new technologies for field applications
- Inspires others and strives to lead by example while promoting teamwork and accountability
- Empowers staff to make value-based decisions in the field while maintaining budgets and schedules that improve relationships with our customers, vendors, and other trades
- Provides mentorship and performance reviews for field staff with ongoing constructive feedback of work performance
- Coordinates coverage of Jobsite roles as needed to fulfill scheduling obligations
- Assists other department managers in leading project teams to resolve challenging issues
- Attendance, punctuality, and reliability are essential in this role
Relationships / Contacts:
Customers, Vendors, Walker Windows Leadership Team, Salesmen, Estimators, Project Management, Field Operations, Warranty, Accounting, and Human Resources.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management may add, modify, change, or rescind work assignments to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
- 10+ years Field Operations supervision or management experience in the residential new construction industry (experience in both multi-family and single-family preferred)
- General Business, Accounting, Human Resource, and Customer Service knowledge to solve complex problems and make ethical and team-oriented decisions
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proven Self-Motivation with ability to work effectively both independently and in a team
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize and delegate in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of windows and doors with the understanding of the rules and reports which govern fenestration products.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Software
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: California C Driver’s License, CPR and First Aid certified, 30 OSHA Training, AAMA Certified Master Installer Training course completion. (All items besides California driver license can be obtained in the first year of employment)
Physical Demands: Sitting, Driving, Walking, Climbing, Standing, Lifting, Twisting, Kneeling, Bending, Repetitive hand and wrist movement
Walker Windows provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Walker Windows, LLC
Why Work Here?We are a growing family of 50+ field and office employees. We are a structured and organized company. We have been in business for 20 years, and we are still going strong. We have a diverse team that’s competitive, dedicated, and caring. We work hard, and we play hard, thanks to our employee committee. If you are looking to be part of an organization that is stable, who focuses on integrity, teamwork, and ever forward mentality let us discuss what we can offer.
An Awesome Company Culture and Great Benefits
Los Angeles, CA