Walker River Construction, Inc. is actively searching for a GPS Surveyor.
Your primary tasks will be to help manage the completion of the Fence Replacement Projects in Calexico, CA and Yuma, AZ. Work includes supervision of a surveying subcontractor, coordination meetings with the General Contractor and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, construction staking and review of as-built drawings. The duties of this position will be: to maintain survey control and accuracy by maintaining the equipment and referencing the control network daily; stakeout line and grade for the installation of earthwork, piping and structures; record as-built data according to the specifications and as requested for construction progress; support machine control operations; daily office reports and data entry; and maintain updated AutoCAD as-built drawings. In general, this position will need to manage the day-to-day construction staking, existing ground topography, as-built records, AutoCAD updates and other related duties as needed.
If you have the desire to earn top pay for the industry and are seeking a challenging position which will offer professional growth in a variety of areas, this position is for you. In addition to your base salary we offer project completion bonuses, travel compensation, insurance, and 100% commitment to your educational and professional development. Our core values:
· We treat everyone with respect
· We complete our work right the first time.
· We plan, We schedule, We stick with the plan, and meet the schedule
· We commit to our customers’ needs
We are looking for someone who:
· Thinks positively, and looks for possibilities and opportunities and solutions
· Has enthusiasm and is determined to succeed
· Is motivated, confident, and honest -- someone with great personal integrity
· Is willing to travel, and meet deadlines
· Paid Vacation
· Company Vehicle or compensation for personal vehicle
· Bonus Program
· Heavy civil background including GPS surveying, earthwork, and underground utilities
· BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or similar job experience
· Computer literate in AutoCAD, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook
· Strong plan comprehension & analysis skills
Please submit resumes and a cover letter via fax to (775) 316-0860 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Walker River Construction, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Any request for information or application is strictly confidential.